[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> ugly af new layout > no longer able to showcase up to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: ASs.png (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ASs.png
56 KB, 400x400
> ugly af new layout
> no longer able to showcase up to 50 artists in your charts
> no longer any friends lists, but changed to "followers"
> the artist manager doesn't exist anymore so unable to update artist pages with new album releases
> community is shit-tier
> no longer able to use profile widgets like showing band logos of artists you have been listening to recently

So how come you niggas haven't graduated to RYM yet?
>>
>>61009264

RYM doesn't do scrobbling/streaming.
>>
I wish last.fm let me choose between their shitty beta layout and their old alpha male GOAT older layout.
>>
Because I would lose the proof that I actually listen to the music I say I do
>>
>>61009339
> scrobbling
> proof
> implying you haven't scrobbled difficult-to-listen-to albums on mute
>>
>>61009264
You'd think with the amount of complaints last.fm have got over their new layout decisions that they'd listen to their users and return back to their original state, right?
>>
>>61009264
>the artist manager doesn't exist anymore

"Dear Artists & Labels,
In line with the current Last.fm website, we are working on a new and overhauled service to help you manage your Last.fm presence.
Recordings submitted through the independent artist and label audio accounts are currently unavailable to stream through the Last.fm website.
In the meantime, please read some further advice at our support site.
The Last.fm Music Team"
>>
>>61009339
You need the proof you actually listened to music? Wow, I used to think we listened to music because we actually like it.
>>
>>61009414
>scrobbled difficult-to-listen-to albums on mute
projecting?

people use last.fm for scrobbling, which rym doesn't do (yet).
>>
>>61009787
It will with the new version
>>
File: 3meow.jpg (177 KB, 720x780) Image search: [Google]
3meow.jpg
177 KB, 720x780
I'm into experimental, folk, electronic, minimal synth and classical, including:
Aphex Twin, Tara Cross, Noël Akchoté, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Roy Orbison, Canidas, Joy Division, Johann Sebastian Bach, Polyphonic Size, Mariee Sioux, Leadbelly, Douglas Lilburn, Tёплaя тpacca, Suzanne Vega, Francis Poulenc, Vox Populi!, Barton Smith, ヤン富田, Der Mußikant, Pascal Comelade, 渚にて, The Actor, Wooden Wand, Aквapиyм, Scott Tuma, Maninkari, Bourbonese Qualk, Roscoe Holcomb, Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons, Wolfgang Mitterer, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Absolute Body Control, Carissa's Wierd, Haus Arafna, Unwound, Eva-Johanna Reichstag, John Maus, Luigi Archetti & Bo Wiget, Twice a Man, AG Geige, Dark Day, Sprung Aus Den Wolken, Andrew Liles, 秋山徹次, Aлeкcaндp Bacильeв, Étant Donnés, Gillian Welch, Johannes Brahms, Sarah Ogan Gunning, Frédéric Chopin.

Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/q-g

>>61009850
thank god you said this because he totally didn't acknowledge that at the end of his post
retard
>>
>>61009414
>difficult-to-listen-to albums

Such as?
>>
>scrobbling
get over yourselves baka
>>
>>61009264
Because I met my gf on there, and totally abandoning all hope for the place would sting a little for me, since I have memories on that place. Still, at the rate they're going, they'll lose me sooner rather than later; I just have no real reason to stay there anymore, since they've sterilized the place so bad that it's not even funny.
>>
>>61010130
last.fm is great for finding new music and the more you scrobble, the more recommendations you get. idk what you're trying to project here but i think you're the one who needs to get over themselves tbf
>>
>>61010165
"no"
>>
>>61009339
>vinyl
>cds
>youtube/other streaming (live performances, concerts)

???

last.fm is terrible
>>
>>61010143
>Because I met my gf on there
this happens?
>>
>>61010183
numbskull
>>
>>61010224
disregarded memester
>>
>>61010285
don't get mad cuz you got put in your place
>>
File: 1442484349915.jpg (39 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
1442484349915.jpg
39 KB, 500x350
>>61010165
>lastfm recs
>"you have scrobbled x before but not this incorrectly tagged release"
>"you love this track and have scrobbled to it 148 times"
>>
>>61010321
ya that's why you ignore those because evidently the system isn't perfect. otherwise i have no issue with it.
>>
>>61010204
Rarely, but yes, it happened in my case. I met her back in 2012, we both had shit taste (mostly mainstream metal, but nothing absolutely horrible like Papa Roach or Pop Evil), and we wound up growing up musically together, going from that to /mu/core to noise, shoegaze, post-punk, slowly expanding our tastes, which stuck close together throughout the years. I got a Facebook just so I could talk to her more conveniently, and these days, we share music we've been discovering lately, although she does it more, since I'm on a capped satellite connection (>tfw boondocks). It was nice. Just goes to show you that anything can happen with something as apparently small as a Last.fm friend.
>>
>>61009339
nailed it
>>
>>61010348
>gf
>over the internet
lmao
>>
>>61010685
Ballsy, coming from the virgin.
>>
tBh Im fucking scared that last fm gonna die one day (probably soon) and 8 years of scrobling will be lost in time like tears in rain
>>
>>61010076
>retard
lol
Nice taste tho :-)
>>
>>61010348
>>61010685
>>61010734

wait you've never actually met her? lmao good one
>>
http://www.last.fm/user/MotelMan

i miss the haydays of last.fm
cant some company just buy it out and integrate scrobbling into some successful streaming service
>>
>>61010845
thanks
>>
http://www.last.fm/user/Guerodelsur
/metal/autist incoming.
I could use music reccs preferably outside of meal desu
>>
>>61010204
>>61010685
>>61010848
>2015
>not roping in some mealfag daddy issues slut from across the pond and turning her into a patrician
Anon's got the right idea, you're all missing out.
>>
>>61010816
don't worry they'll keep your pathetic scrobbles around until someone buys your identity
>>
>>61010348
>>61011462
genuinely pitiful my internet companions
>>
>>61009482
Has any website in history ever completely reverted a massive overhaul because of complaints?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.