[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck, why did no one tell me how good this was? Yeah
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: h4yKRwEB.jpg (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
h4yKRwEB.jpg
84 KB, 512x512
What the fuck, why did no one tell me how good this was? Yeah it's a bit samey, but it's short enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome and it blows other modern female fronted twee pop bands out of the water. Opinions on it?
>>
Aside from Archie, Marry Me it's really mediocre and all the songs sound the same.
>>
Amen, this album rips
>>
>>61006960
qt voice

a few good songs but other than that it's just ok
>>
>>61007032
Adult Diversion is the best song though
>>
It's very good, though I don't think it counts as twee
>>
File: 1449873193468.jpg (146 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1449873193468.jpg
146 KB, 1024x768
Agency Group, Next of Kin, and Red Planet are my favorite tracks
>>
>>61007079
The first two songs are alright. A person should stop listening after that.
>>
>FORGET ALL THE PARTY POLICE
>WE CAN FIND COMFORT IN BIOLOGY
rankin is almost a female morrissey goddamn
>>
>>61006960
this album is like goat twee pop
>>
Rankin is incredibly qt in interviews
Love the first 4 songs the rest are good but kinda meh, still looking forward to the New album
>>
>>61006960
its not perfect by any means but it's really promising

I can see them making a masterpiece in the future but it probably won't be their next album
>>
I think this is THE best pop\twee\jangle pop album to come a long in YEARS. Definitely my aoty.
>>
File: 1443739207529.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1357) Image search: [Google]
1443739207529.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1357
>>61007357
>YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE
>YOU COULD JUST STAY HERE WITH ME
>>
Good album to play for your gf when you guys are at home and you're probably being high
>>
When you're from Nova Scotia and were raised listening to the Rankin family it can be hard not to hear how similar she sounds to her aunts. Which is weird because the Rankin Family had these flawless harmonies and she has a kind of raspy indie-woman voice.

That being said I think the album is really incredible. Just great songwriting, kind of makes sense since she grew up in a family of professional musicians. There's a lot of rumours around the east-coast that the band is a bunch of dicks, but I dunno, I met them after a show and they were chill. I think people from Nova Scotia are just bitter because there are a lot of great bands but they don't have the industry hook-ups like Alvvays does.
>>
VVAVES SPELLED A W WITH TWO Vs WE SHOULD DO THAT TOO LOL!

Fuck this band
>>
>>61006960
saw them this summer. I was not disappointed.
>>
>>61009248
It's so you can Google them. Really not more meaningful than that.
>>
>>61009248
It's actually because the label they signed to already had a band on it named Always but they wanted to keep their name. And the band you're thinking of is actually spelled Wavves, not VVaves, they didn't make a W from two Vs.
>>
File: tyder.jpg (6 KB, 340x425) Image search: [Google]
tyder.jpg
6 KB, 340x425
>>61009332
Uh huh. Sure.
>>
>>61007079
this
or the ones who love you
>>
>>61009342
So they pick a name that's already been chosen, play generic music, and then rip another band's spelling off? Haha. Delightful.
>>
>>61009553
but they didn't rip another band's spelling off? anon just explained that to you.

or did i take the bait
>>
>>61009874
It's the same fucking thing. Don't act like it's not.
>>
>>61006960

REVERB: THE ALBUM
>>
>>61006960
I love it honestly.
I like the singing and lyrics, although some people might find the lyrics boring.
>>
>>61009553
I'm sorry that they ran over your dog, anon
>>
I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the song "One who loves you". One of my favorite tracks that stood out to me
>>
>>61010140
Agree with this. I think the songs a great, but I hate the way the album is drenched in reverb. They have some great live videos on youtube (KEXP for example) that sound great because the reverb is gone.
>>
>>61010140
That's Oshin m8
>>
>>61010858
Saw them in August and they were great live
>>
File: 1389667532239.gif (965 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1389667532239.gif
965 KB, 500x282
>tfw they're almost certainly going to have a sophomore slump
>>
YOU CAN'T FUCKING FEEL YOUR FACE
>>
>>61007118
try listening to it more than the one time and you realize the quality is pretty consistent
>>
>>61011520
I know :(
>>
>>61009332
i don't see how it could possibly.
>>
any news of new album or new ep?
i know they played new songs at glastonbury this year
>>
YOU EXPRESSED EXPRESSIVELY
>>
>>61006960
Next of Kin and Atop a Cake are good shit.
They fit the buzzband profile perfectly so don't expect a good sophomore album.
>>
If they don't break up and quit
I think they gonna drop a really great album in the future

Hopefully they don't go the DIIV route and take forever

funny how meme demarco shits out decent albums every year. but these bands can't
>>
>>61006960

I Always preferred her uncles and aunts stuff more
>>
>>61006960
>tfw this album reminds me of my ex
>tfw cant listen to it without feeling like shit

I really hate what I've become
>>
>>61014047
>tfw it reminds me of a girl that was perfect for me that i turned down
>tfw cant listen to it without feeling like shit
I'm a shallow fuck and I know it and it's pretty awful.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.