[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today is Tony Williams' birthday /mu/ What is your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: tonywilliams009.jpg (33 KB, 530x527) Image search: [Google]
tonywilliams009.jpg
33 KB, 530x527
Today is Tony Williams' birthday /mu/

What is your favorite album that Tony Williams plays on and what is the best track from that album?
>>
>>60995113
Glad to see someone else recognizes this. Not sure about my favorite album, but my favorite performance of his is probably this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2EW7CxQjIY
the fill at 0:56 rips my fucking face off
>>
How exactly was it that 17 year old kid was able to become recognized and rise to the top of jazz drumming at such a young age?
>>
>>60995553
he was really good
>>
File: in-a-silent-way.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
in-a-silent-way.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>>
>>60995564
How did he get that good at such a young age? I mean people have argued that he was better than Elvin Jones who was 20 years his senior?
>>
>>60995553
>began playing professionally at the age of 13 with saxophonist Sam Rivers. Saxophonist Jackie McLean hired Williams when he was 16.

Wow, that's fucking young.
>>
https://youtu.be/XcMKWGTBGRM

He sounds like a fucking tsunami ripping through a city here
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 375x375
>>60995113
I don't know if Tony ever sounded better than he did with Ron Carter and they sound their absolute best on this I think.

>>60995639
He had the opportunity to play with some amazing musicians from a very young age.
>>
>>60995848
Jaco is walking that fucking bass to hell, what an awesome performance
>>
>>60995639
he practiced like a fucking madman. i've heard stories of when he was a kid, on the weekends literally all he would do is practice.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.