[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: MOVE IN NOW MOVE OUT.png (350 KB, 515x407) Image search: [Google]
MOVE IN NOW MOVE OUT.png
350 KB, 515x407
Reminder
>>
It's been more than 15 years and I STILL can't get over how fucking stupid that album title is.
>>
>>60994596
DUDE BUTTHOLES LMAO
>>
>>60994596
>how fucking stupid that album title is.

how about the fact that that album title is the least stupid thing about LB overall
>>
Limp Bizkit are one of the best bands of the 2000s. Hipster contrarians can eat my dick.
>>
>>60994655
how about the fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
>>60994714
come on m8 put some effort into it and make it about limp bizkit
>>
>>60994735

it's appropriate to have a copypasta about limp bizkit be backwash copypasta about someone else

like eating olive garden table scraps out of a dumpster
>>
>>60994655
Hard to call such a successful rock/rap group stupid. It's a tough gimmick to put across.
>>
>>60994926

i hope you're getting paid
>>
thank god for the fucking strokes
>>
>>60995039
I don't think I'm wrong in saying that. The lyrics are dumb, but the band itself is solid.
>>
Please, stop this "Limp Bizkit is bad" meme. Significant Other ranks among the milestones of the genre. The hip-hop beats with a the metal edge of Just Like This were not particularly relevant, but the petulant synthesizer and the female counterpart were typical of the "significant others" (musically speaking) that characterized the best moments of the band. Nookie (the transitions from a standard rap-metal progression to a playful singalong) and Break Stuff (a rigmarole of escalating tension) successfully coupled strength and depth. 9 Teen 90 Nine articulates the cliches of the genre in a language that is both versatile and ironic. Trust disposes with irony and melody, and resorts to electronic noise and dadaistic rhythms. They all boast the mandatory heavy riffs and rabid screams, but they all use them merely as icons of the genre, basically the pronouns (not the verbs) in a sentence.
As fashionable at the time, the seismic intensity of the songs was complemented by a few moments of the opposite kind. Thus the subdued ballads Re-Arranged and No Sex showcased human emotions, not just animal instincts, and even more original is the high drama of Nobody Like You. Lesson Learned even ventured into an oneiric rhythm-less atmosphere.
The album eskews monotony through all sorts of devices, be it the danceable grooves of I'm Broke or the chamber hip-hop of N 2 Gether Now.
>>
>>60995094
die

>>60995141
>this isn't a pasta
>>
>>60995204
>being this close minded
They're not a bad band. Your taste in music isn't that good. Kill yourself
>>
>>60995141
wew
>>
>>60994696
this

chocolate starfish in particular is amazing nĂ¼-prog
>>
>>60995141
>Significant Other ranks among the milestones of the genre
yeah, if you think the genre is consisted by the same 3 or 4 bands.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.