[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of this movie /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8
What did you think of this movie /mu/?
>>
>>60988840
Frankly, it was ok
>>
I didn't like it.
>>
p shit
>>
Too light hearted. I didnt get it
>>
>>60988859
>>
i enjoyed it
>>
"Your music is shit."
-Frank
>>
GINGER CROUTON
>>
Frank and his whole band where try hards personified.
The type that learn 10% about something and live in the delusion that they know %90 about it.
They're music was dragging, unimaginative, and a chore.

Anyone who thinks this stuff is "genius" or experimental is really new to the game.
>>
File: 1442618274841.jpg (69 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1442618274841.jpg
69 KB, 960x720
wasn't great, but i kinda enjoyed it.

i like fassbender.
>>
Loved it. Fassbender was great, and it has some pretty hilarious moments.
>>
>>60989236
>>60989259
You should watch the movie Haywire, he had a nice role in that movie.
>>
Really liked it
>>
>>60989202
I'm pretty sure you missed the whole point of the movie.
>>
Movies are lame.
>>
Frank was stupid, irresponsible, and just kind of a pastiche of various eccentric music figures throughout history.

This movie gets 1 lonely stale bag of popcorn.
>>
>>60989330
I bet you've only watched a handful of movies this year, if that.
>>
>>60989330
Oh my god this.
There is so much shit in movies that can be cut out
And film has the most artsy fartsy types.
Music people are fun
>>60989352
Oh congratulations your eyes spent more time focused on a screen with certain images on it!!!!!
Get over yourself bro
>>
>>60989202
>Implying that wasn't done to make the music acessible
>>
Waste of time. Also that redheads accent ruined the movie. Fucking British accent ts.
>>
>>60989368
you best be b8'ing us m80
>>
>>60989413
No its true.
Music is for people who know how to have a good time.
>>
>>60989447
Keep believing that.
>>
>>60989481
Do you want to get your fucking ass kicked??!!!
>>
>>60988840
Loved it so much I bought the soundtrack on LP and the film on Bluray... and this is after pirating what I thought would be a dumb movie.
9/10 Will watch again

This is my most likable review
>>
>>60989504
...Yes?
>>
>>60989532
>>60989554
Both of you = idots
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (37 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
37 KB, 1366x768
what did you guys thought about this one?
>>
>>60989620
sports movie with jazz as the sport
>>
>>60989336
Why don't you go back to the VFA to watch some more straight-to-VHS films, you fucking Gregghead? I give it five bags of popcorn, plus one some of that gooey paper-maiche material that always gets on my shirt.
>>
>>60989620
Also good, J.K. Simmons' performance is the only reason it's good, though.
>>
>>60989668
>mfw a Timhead was too retarded to understand real film near me
>>
File: 1447146382447.jpg (180 KB, 725x980) Image search: [Google]
1447146382447.jpg
180 KB, 725x980
>>60989504
>>
>>60989761
She couldn't beat peanut butter soup into dog mud
>>
>>60989330
this
>>
man was that movie really generic. It has a handful of good moments but its all very cheeky and the social media integration reeks of being written by a middle aged man, which it was.
Pretty forgetable movie, but I didnt regret watching it. Would not recommend. The ending song is nice
>>
Reminded me of these guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbN_QSoX-NU
>>
Pretty interesting how the main character was the antagonist but still not a villain, just someone with a shitty viewpoint
Liked it, not as good as some other music related movies but it was good.
>>
i love you all
>>
>>60990060
>the social media integration reeks of being written by a middle aged man
I know you post here, but you clearly have not been around 20-somethings lately. I had someone get all quiet recently when I said I lacked an instagram.
This same person has to post her life on Instagram, like most others (both men and women) her age.
>>
I really loved it. I like how is proposed 2 opposing viewpoints on the relationship between creativity and mental illness in equal amount.

And it's cool that it did this through the POV of a main character who's essentially a boring wannabe.
>>
good movie
>>
>>60988840
They found a way to make make
Maggie gyllenhaal look attractive 6/10
>>
>>60993076
Dude, she was so fucking sexy in this movie.

>tfw she will never threaten to stab you after having angrily and passionately fucking your brains out in a hot tub
>>
IIRC was inspired by the shit that happened while they were RecordingTrout Mask Replica
>>
it started being lame when they mentioned and got to sxsw
>>
Giant turd. It's a narcissistic piece of garbage that appeals to narcissistic pieces of garbage.
>>
>>60989202
i don't think the movie was about the actual music they made
>>
>>60990060
>generic
what are the other movies like it?
>>
>>60993599
>narcissistic piece of garbage that appeals to narcissistic pieces of garbage.
I'm pretty sure they weren't trying to conceal that.
Jon Ronson is all about poking at people and their cultural milieus.
>>
>>60993660
Then why the fuck are we talking about it? this is the music board if you wanted to talk about your stupid cinematogrophashit go somewhere else
the music was bad
>>
File: infiniteplaylist.jpg (73 KB, 450x669) Image search: [Google]
infiniteplaylist.jpg
73 KB, 450x669
What did you guys think of this movie?
>>
>>60989620
Jonah Jameson gets buff and fucks up Peter Parker
>>
>>60993732
Cheesy romantic comedy. Pretty solid and didn't feel like it was written by a middle aged woman.
>>
>>60989620
Best movie of 2014
>>
>>60989620
Not quite my tempo
>>
>>60993707
it's about music - as in about making and touring music. the end product isn't the only part dummy
>>
>>60988840
shite
>>
>>60993707
The film is about music, not necessarily music itself, which makes it related to the board. It's like the relationship between music and musicology.
>>
File: onlyloversleftalive2.jpg (86 KB, 700x989) Image search: [Google]
onlyloversleftalive2.jpg
86 KB, 700x989
Thoughts?
>>
>>60990241
>The main character was the antagonist
... How has no one said *anything* about this? You guys went to high school didn't you?
>>
>>60988840
It made me appreciate post-punk a little bit more

I like the Syd Barrett reference
>>
>>60994407
What about it?
>>
it was great. fassbender is god
>>
>>60994866
If you only have one main character he is, by definition, the protagonist. Protagonist doesn't mean "good guy", it means the story follows them and their journey.
>>
All the bits involving them playing music (namely the first half or so and the ending) were good. Everything else was pretty uninteresting.
>>
A really damn good movie. The autists in this thread hate everything.
>>
>>60995070
The correct term, in this instance, is anti-hero.
>>>/lit/
>>
>>60995479
Anti-heroes con be protagonists, though.
>>
>>60995543
Anti-hero is a better description of Jon. But you're right he is the protagonist. Everything is from his perspective. But the semantics get sticky because he's a protagonist who serves as an antagonist to the other characters.

His motives, choices, and actions are all questionable. But in the end he goes against his own wishes to serve others. Making him the anti-hero, which is a more specific term for a antagonizing protagonist.
>>
>>60991525
Whether its accurate or not doesnt make it not sloppy and and obtuse
>>60993685
Its stylistically generic. If the story were presented better itd be much better. But for a film all about the creative process, its visually sterile. The only even remotely memorable role in the film is Fassbender, and its a little sad he emotes greater than anyone else in the film even behind a paper helmet. Not even he is exempt from making naggingly cute jokes that bring the story to a crawl. All of the dialogue seems to be an afterthought and its clear that the writers are much to confident in how interesting this blend of musical history and drama is as a raw concept. the film weighs far too heavily on its narrative and doesnt provide any sense of engagement in the now, its basically the antithesis of an ozu film. None of this is really the fault of the film itself, but rather a much larger trend of quirky half baked cinema that it follows. Perks of Being a Wallflower comes to mind. So again Im not saying it was offensive, but I struggle to find any reason to call it memorable other than a big cardboard head.
>>
>>60995677
>Whether its accurate or not doesnt make it not sloppy and and obtuse
Fair point. It honestly was a cheap way to get around narration (which the film employs anyway). Also, an unnecessary shill for Twitter.
>>
>>60993829
fucking underrated post of the year
>>
>>60993901
Jarmusch will never make anything better than this scene. Thats not an insult.
https://youtu.be/8VuFYsXpDxg
>>
>>60989662
never heard it put that well before
>>
>>60989620
p good
>>
Not a scratch on the real Frank.

Singing a firm festive favourite:
https://youtu.be/HM8qQ2LUeq8
>>
>>60995977
Wow, this is shit. Just like the movie.
>>
>>60988840
liked it a lot
>>
>>60993829
K E K E
E
K
E
>>
>>60993901
really liked it, but didn't fully love it
Jarmusch is god-tier though
>>
>>60988859
ayy

I felt like it was trying too hard to be creative and left field. It's pretty rare that people who are "eccentric" aren't putting it on for other people's benefit. This movie is kind of like those people to me.
>>
File: leave_this_place.jpg (1 MB, 2196x1728) Image search: [Google]
leave_this_place.jpg
1 MB, 2196x1728
why to the franks?
>>
>>60989662
Perfect analogy
>>
>>60993829
I LMAO
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.