[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of this board is still good? Like 10%? I feel like the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: 91XeGm7UhYL._SY355_.jpg (64 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
91XeGm7UhYL._SY355_.jpg
64 KB, 355x355
How much of this board is still good? Like 10%? I feel like the reddit invasion(s) has really shitted up this place with Pitchfork drones. But where else is there to go for music discussion that's relatively fast?
>>
/mu/ generals are generally ok. I like musikchan too even though it's slow. probably some sub reddits and classical forums out there too
>>
>>60983150
>sub reddits
But those have the same teenagers ruining 4chan
>classical forums
I just can't get into TalkClassical or other forum style boards, personally.
>>
KTT
>>
>>60983157
just talk to people about music in real life desu. internet forums are designed to appeal to teens
>>
wow it's like how to tell if someone is new 101 in here

spoilers: this place was always a cesspit
>>
>>60983181
it's not being new, it's growing up without noticing
>>
>>60983181
No, it's definitely gone downhill in the years I've been here.
>>60983171
Nobody IRL likes the music I do.
the whole point is to ESCAPE the drones
>>
>>60983219
>Nobody IRL likes the music I do
talk to people, maybe they don't like the same music you do but if you assume most people are drones you clearly don't talk to anyone.
also, irc channels I guess
>>
>>60983085
this album really isnt that good. Anthracite Fields is best 2015 classica recording desu
>>
>>60983085
why don't you GO TO CONCERTS AND TALK TO PEOPLE
>>
>>60983171
>>60983237
>>60983258
>talk to people

lmao yeah sure

like that's a good idea

I suppose he should get a girlfriend and start working out and pick up a new hobby while he's at it?

you should all fuck off and leave us alone
>>
you just need to be active. id say if youre sure of what you want to talk about, and know how to push peoples buttons you can get some decent discussion out of this board, it happens every now and then. problem is too many of us are just bored and hang around these parts out of habit

you could gather a comfortably small circle of mutants you get along with around you and hang out on a different platform, eg. a skype group, an irc or a last.fm group in case that feature wasnt axed idk
>>
>>60983275
you're a 16 year old who thinks he's a tragic lone wolf because he doesn't have a lot of friends at high school
stop identifying with your social dysfunction and i think you'll find that your life will be a lot better :)
>>
>>60983243
Anthracite Fields is great for Wolfe but isn't nearly as compositionally interesting as Birtwistle's stuff.

Birtwistle is the great composer of our time.
>>
>>60983275
You likely mostly listen to semi-obscure (i.e. 1000-10000 listeners on last.fm) pop music with "avant garde influences" and even if you do listen to Birtwistle, there's tons of people irl that listen to modern classical and like to talk about it. You also are most likely under 25 live with your parents and think music discussion is giving recs and comparing releases. You should fuck off honestly.
>>
>>60983318
>there's tons of people irl that listen to modern classical and like to talk about it.
having gone to a college of music studying classical music, lolno
at best you find 2Cellos and Reich
there was like, one guy who I considered an equal in terms of classical taste
>>
>>60983318
>>60983306

>under 25
literally the only thing you got right. especially embarrasing for you - i don't even know what the OP album is

as usual le social butterflies think they have all the answers. i bet you think of yourself as a 'people person'

literally bore off
>>
>>60983314
i dont thinks so. AF had those post-rock infuences and was interesting making some fresh ideas in post-minimalism genre. While birtwhistle is more like rihm from this year, dark ambientish, bland minimalistic "compositions" its barely even music. It seems like of most of modern classical composers arent even trying these days, its all so boring
>>
>>60983344
bad luck, my high school friend was a pianist and got into some modern classical through it. I've also met a handful of people in my town through irc who are into it. the people in the music department at my school's tastes aren't really any different than most people's though
>>
>>60983370
>wants to find people to talk to about music
>is recommended talking
>fuck off social butterflies
did you just want to complain about your social awkwardness or...?
>>
>>60983370
that's nice, kiddo
it will take you a few years to break out of this but you'll look back on it and laugh
>>
>>60983386
m8 are you just memeing my classical chart right now?
>>
>>60983444
no, i had those recs from /classical/
>>
>>60983562
They were probably from me, then.
In any case how can you call Rihm or Birtwistle barely music? That's so fucking ignorant.
>>
>>60983370
Stop with this cringe, accept the rekt and move on dickwad.
>>
>>60983602
I just dont like this overly minimalistic approach, i cant see notes there, melodies, nothing interesting
>>
>>60983703
I see where he's coming from. If talking to people about music so vastly superior, why the fuck are you here?
I would be considered normal socially and I have zero friends with interesting taste. Everyone that knows me well enough hates me music and people that are considered to have interesting taste by others listen to Arctic Monkeys and other shit in that category.
It's difficult finding people to discuss music with on the same level I can do so here.
>inb4 le /mu/ is shit!!1!
I've branched out and found amazing music from recs and talking to people here, which is why I like it.
>>
>>60983739
>overly minimalistic approach
>Birtwistle
please don't talk about what you don't understand
his approach isn't minimalist at all.
I heard a quote about Birtwistle's music that's relevant: it's like a spinning top, gaining and losing momentum as it spins and stops.
>>
>>60983827
your problem is you are americunt, your country and peoples are mentally challenged uncultured scums
>>
>>60984170
I'm from the Netherlands, you strange bitter person
>>
>>60984251
I've been in the Netherlands (Rotterdam) for two months and have already found multitudes of interesting people and venues
maybe you're just a fuckboy
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.