[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
that feel when really born in wrong generation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: notitle.png (4 KB, 282x186) Image search: [Google]
notitle.png
4 KB, 282x186
that feel when really born in wrong generation
>>
>>60981336

who /borninthe50s/ here
>>
>>60981336
you weren't. your ratings show a curve like that because you're much more likely to listen to albums from decades ago that have classic status and more likely to listen to a mediocre album now because it is a new release, etc.
>>
>>60981416
Very true
>>
File: rate.png (15 KB, 782x226) Image search: [Google]
rate.png
15 KB, 782x226
Damn I really need to listen to more shitty/mediocre music from the past decades

>>60981416
Pretty much
>>
Pic related is mine. Despite the ratings, I usually prefer listening to albums from the 2000s/10s
>>
File: decades.png (7 KB, 677x200) Image search: [Google]
decades.png
7 KB, 677x200
>>60981416
It's funny because I've had the exact opposite problem, all the stuff I listen to from recent decades I already know I'm going to like but with past decades I go out of my way to listen to things that may not be good just in case they have one amazing song or something (most 60's albums it seems).
>>
What's this?
>>
>>60981536
Rateyourmusic stats
>>
>>60981522
Quite the opposite for me. I prefer exploring new releases, though I have quite a few records I inherited that I've not touched.
>>
File: aaa.png (383 KB, 369x495) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
383 KB, 369x495
>>60981336
There is much more music produced nowadays than in the past.
Today, anyone with no talent and a bit of money can record and produce an album, while it was a huge money investment in the past
>>
>>60981887
>while it was a huge money investment in the past
not true
please go back to lwg
>>
>>60981908
How is that not true? At least tell me why I'm wrong!
>>
File: rymdecades.png (13 KB, 721x220) Image search: [Google]
rymdecades.png
13 KB, 721x220
>>60981961
How's that any true? I know plenty of old records made by middle class/poor people
"Huge money investment" my ass, you people talk like the only records available in the 70s were Led Zeppelin's
>>
>>60981887
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4NqyYMKLuU
you're off the wagon m8
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.