[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Melvins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: th-83_83_melvins.jpg (22 KB, 300x201) Image search: [Google]
th-83_83_melvins.jpg
22 KB, 300x201
Do they really worth a listening?
Also your favourite album.
>>
It's a little bit cliché but I really think Houdini is their best
I don't mind Lysol, but the rest of their discog never appealed to me
>>
Bullhead is the best
>>
>>60981278
Great Band.

Love Houdini and Ozma.
>>
They have a massive discog with lots of stupid bullshit but that's part of the appeal. If you get into them you get into them big time.

Essential:
Lysol - pretty much invented drone metal AFAIK, unless Earth came first
Houdini - The first half is the best of their career, but there's a lot of dumb shit in the second half which drags it down.
The Maggot - One of their most consistently great albums
Oh and Stoner Witch

Bullhead, Stag, Gluey, Ozma, Senile Animal and Eggnog are all also great... the rest I would say is probably 'just for fans'

Also, get into Boris
>>
>>60981338
Actually yee Earth came first, pretty sure Lysol is influenced by their EP and demos
>>
File: 220px-Gluey_orig.jpg (14 KB, 220x233) Image search: [Google]
220px-Gluey_orig.jpg
14 KB, 220x233
The first half of this album is flawless
>>
Haven't heard all of their albums but i'd say it's Houdini

Most of the time people won't agree because it's their most popular and Kurt Cobain produced it (kinda) but it's really good

I also really like The Maggot
>>
File: Melvins-Ozma[1].jpg (270 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Melvins-Ozma[1].jpg
270 KB, 1000x1000
10 Songs
Gluey Porch Treatments
Ozma
Bullhead
Eggnog
Lysol
Houdini

Listen to them in that order, all of those are essential listening, the rest if you're a fan.
>>
Lysol
Bullhead
(A) Senile Animal

they made some of their most rockingest songs with Big Business. Those albums deserve a bit more attention.
>>
>>60982211
based Aaron, the original GOAT
>>
>>60982497
Stockholm Syndrome
>>
File: stonerwitch.jpg (81 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
stonerwitch.jpg
81 KB, 800x800
Yeah, they're definitely worth a listen.

Stoner Witch is my favourite out of 16 releases I've listened to, which still doesn't even cover half their discography but whatever.

I think their earlier stuff is harder to get into, but maybe that's just me.
>>
I've always kinda liked doomy/sludge/stoner stuff but the "metal" vocals always turn me off.

Recs for stuff like this but without that kind of vocals?
>>
We can all agree that this is the best cover of any song ever right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6-iBz7vvbI
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.