[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"We're going back to our roots for our next album"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: george.jpg (23 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
george.jpg
23 KB, 500x350
>"We're going back to our roots for our next album"
>>
>I wrote this song when I was 10, it was the first song I ever wrote
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>the new album is the best thing we've ever done
>>
>concent
>"And now for a track from our new album"
>>
>>60981257
Every fucking time.

How is it that literally every musician that ever lived is convinced that their most recent material is their best? I get that you have to be enthused by what you're working on in the moment and you have to market it too, but you'd think there would be occasional exceptions. It's all so fucking banal
>>
File: 1438102071912.png (636 KB, 527x598) Image search: [Google]
1438102071912.png
636 KB, 527x598
>Hey anon, what kind of bands do you listen to?
>"bands"
>>
>>60981290
>This album isn't as good as our last one
>p-please buy it though
>>
>>60981324
Also, why the fuck would you put it out if you didn't think it was your best work? What are you even doing if you don't go in with the intention of advancing your craft?
>>
>>60981324
There has to be a way of describing the unique qualities of an album without resorting to "OMG IT'S THE BEST THING EVAR PLS BUY IT"
>>
>>60981211
>The new album is so heavy it makes our last album sound like a fucking Britney Spears record.
>>
>>60981361
Did someone actually say this? I'll buy that album.
>>
>>60981367
Yeah. It was Sevendust's drummer and the album was Black Out The Sun
>>
>>60981379
>Sevendust
Never mind
>>
File: Megadeth-Dave-Mustaine[1].jpg (47 KB, 604x403) Image search: [Google]
Megadeth-Dave-Mustaine[1].jpg
47 KB, 604x403
>he's definitely the best guitarist we've ever had
>>
>>60981398
>He's actually my favorite bass player of all time, so to be able to replace him in the band is a dream come true
Name that band
>>
>>60981398
To be fair, Hetfield was upset and he has never progressed past the emotional age of ten.
>>
>>60981311
i hate bands desu
>>
>>60981290
Not everyone does this. I remember an interview with Damon Allbran where he was basically questioning himself whether Plastic Beach was too long or not
Its nice to see that level of humility sometimes
>>
>>60981290
do you know how marketing works?
are they supposed to say "well, we tried, but this album isn't as good as our previous one. pls buy it anyway. :3"
>>
>>60981626
The point is that there is no need to draw any comparisons between newer and eariler work
Just say it is good
>>
>Every single album cover is hand drawn
>>
>album leaks
>"fuck you guys, now we're not releasing it. now you have to wait even longer for a new one" :^)
>>
>>60981358
to make money you fucking autist
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.