[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't there more popular music on /mu/? Everyone seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Why isn't there more popular music on /mu/? Everyone seems like they are trying to be edgy by only listening to obscure, and occasionally old music.
>>
>>60978919
There is plenty good popular music but Hollywood Undead are fucking trash
>>
>>60978938

was the only /mu/ related image I have, which is weird considering I don't even listen to them.
>>
>>60978938
>I'm getting used to this nuisance of fags who badmouth this music
How fucking stupid and foolish of you to think you can do this
actual lyrics from their song
>>
>>60978951
General rule: if you don't post a lot on a board, don't make overarching general statements about it
>>
File: 1437940097784.jpg (82 KB, 657x720) Image search: [Google]
1437940097784.jpg
82 KB, 657x720
>>60978919
70% of the shit people discuss on here is popular.

Just because you haven't heard of the band/artist doesn't mean they're not popular.
>>
>>60978951
Yes you do
>>
>>60978961
This.
Poptimism (kill me) is a thing.
No one intentionally tries to like things solely because they are obscure besides tryhards.
The reason most of the music talked about on this board isn't something you'd hear on your average radio station is because music, like most forms of art, requires some digging.
Most popular music is recycled shit handed out because the people making it know what works. It is successful simply because the groundwork before it was successful. That's not an inherently wrong way to think about music (implying there's a right way) but it does get stale and to find music that shakes things up a bit by being experimental in some way you have to put some effort into it.
If you don't want to, that's fine. Just don't complain about those that do, especially by coming to a place where it is implied that if you actively participate in said place, you do.
>>
>>60978967
>>60979018
These
>>
So what bands do you like OP?

Also the "/mu/ only listens to obscure hipster shit" meme is very outdated. This has embraced popular music over the past few years.
>>
The majority of stuff discussed on here is popular. Just because it's not on top 40 radio doesn't mean it isn't popular.
>>
File: 1439714586139.jpg (142 KB, 960x939) Image search: [Google]
1439714586139.jpg
142 KB, 960x939
>>60979225
I have no idea where people get this misconception. It bothers me so much when people think an artist/band is "hipster" because they haven't heard of it.
>>
>>60979018
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.