[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do men and women listen to different music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Why do men and women listen to different music?
>>
File: cheerleaders6.jpg (286 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cheerleaders6.jpg
286 KB, 600x600
Same reason native English speakers like to watch dubbed anime rather than subbed.
>>
socialization
>>
this is going to be a great thread
>>
>>60976947
why do men and women have different chromosomes?
>>
>>60976993
>>
>>60976971
This makes no sense.

>>60976947
To answer your question OP, it's probably mostly peer pressure; people tend to have friends of the same gender, and they listen to what their friends listen to.
>>
>>60977006
most of my friends listen to suomiräp, I hate that shit.
>>
>>60977003
Why do they?
>>
>>60977047
So most of them have the same taste, yeah? And they probably got it from each other. Obviously there are outliers, most people on /mu/ included.
>>
>>60977003
>>60977076

So that there are two distinct sexes who can begat offspring with differing genetic combinations, thus allowing natural selection to act upon a diverse array of phenotypic expressions of said combinations of genes, contributing to the process of speciation over time, which is how the human race changed from our ancestor species in the first place tbqh baka family.
>>
>>60977144
If more sexes are good then why aren't there 5?
>>
>>60977205
Uhhh anon never implied that you dumbass.
>>
>>60977228
You kind of did tbqh
People could have different combinations of genes without different sexes/chromosomes
>>
>show a qt I'm going out My Bloody Valentine, says she'll listen to it
>her pleb friend shows her Adele a few minutes and says "oh man this is SOOO SAD"
>she listens to fucking Adele instead
>she doesn't like the things I sent her

Just fuck my shit up fãm
>>
>>60977250
I'm not that guy you replied to.
And he kind of didn't.
>>
>>60977420
wrong tb.h
>>
>>60976947
Men have larger brains than females.
>>
>>60977319
MBV is shit brah
>>
>>60977990
You a shit breh
>>
Because we're different, and we have different experiences so we relate differently to music. Also I'd imagine that the different brain activity and different emotional tendencies would affect music taste and things like that.
>>
>>60977319
Beta: the post
>>
>>60977003
They don't have to though
>>
No, music isn't gendered

It's split between people who are genuinely into music, and people who are into it to fit a certain image. Just so happens that more females tend to be in the latter
>>
>>60978612
>implying that literally half of /mu/ doesnt listen to music they dont even truly enjoy just so they can feel "patrician" and superior to anyone who doesnt listen to "patrician" music
>>
>>60977003
patriarchy
>>
>>60978948
>projecting: the post
>>
>>60977089
no but I really hate suomiräp
>>
>>60979178
regardless of whether you think im projecting or not, what i said is still true.
>>
>>60977319
Y'all both have shit taste
>>
>>60977319
Adele pisses me the fuck off
Every girl I know listens to her and says her music is the epitome of sad music, but it's the most normie of problems like moaning how old flames don't love you. It's emotional music for shallow people.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.