[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nurse With Wound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 14
File: nurse with wound.jpg (14 KB, 250x368) Image search: [Google]
nurse with wound.jpg
14 KB, 250x368
Does /mu/ like Nurse With Wound? Noise/surrealism.

My personal favorite is Merzbild Schwet.

I have a number of releases (mostly on CD), and I would like to show /mu/ the liner notes and so on, but I'm only interested in doing this if I get 2-4 big Yeses. Otherwise I'll save it for another time.

otherwise /general/.
>>
yeah his stuff is pretty great. Homotopie to Marie is always an engrossing listen. I recently checked out his collab with Aranos and it's unexpectedly beautiful.

His 2015 work with Graham Bowers's worth checking out as well. swell guy.
>>
Listened to once or twice, prefer TG.
>>
seems like an interesting endeavor
>>
I like him a lot. My personal favorite is Homotopy to Marie, followed by A Sucked Orange
>>
Yes

also he seems like a really cool guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw1OFOJcZ4g
>>
are you there op?
>>
>>60974059
I would love to live his lifestyle
>>
File: Steven_Stapleton.jpg (39 KB, 600x584) Image search: [Google]
Steven_Stapleton.jpg
39 KB, 600x584
>>60973933
yeah, he is quite creative and creepy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf3z_h2BVzU
>>
File: NWW.png (348 KB, 353x480) Image search: [Google]
NWW.png
348 KB, 353x480
bump
>>
OP bumping, there is a clear interest so I will deliver looks at physical media very soon. Keep the thread bumped.

BTW I first heard Homotopy to Marie about 10 years ago and it left a good impression on me, but it was very hard to find stuff on the internet then. Now I own a hard copy, oh how things have changed.
>>
I own the Soliloquy and The Sylvie and Babs 2015 reissues. The artwork of SaB is beautiful.

>>60973933
Have you bought the new Christoph Heemann collab OP?
>>
File: 1.png (1 MB, 570x803) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1 MB, 570x803
>>60976348

Here's my shtuff. Gonna show the Chance Meeting Liner notes and do a little history.

One of Steve's original bandmates was also named "Heman". I'm suspicious!
>>
>>60976387
Yep, but Christoph is already familiar with steve since the 80's with H.N.A.S.

They have already worked together, but Painting With Priests is the first official recording.
>>
File: 2.png (1023 KB, 1033x453) Image search: [Google]
2.png
1023 KB, 1033x453
Chance Meeting On A Dissecting Table of a Sewing Machine and An Umbrella, CD reissue. Front and back cover.

the Domme (who Steve drew I guess) is quite alarmingly unsexy once you have a hard copy in your place!
>>
File: 3.png (1 MB, 1036x447) Image search: [Google]
3.png
1 MB, 1036x447
Chance Meeting, Interior.

L-R (I think): Steve Stapleton, John Fothergill, Heman Pathak, the original trio.
>>
File: 4.png (1 MB, 791x671) Image search: [Google]
4.png
1 MB, 791x671
Inner booklet, back cover. I believe that this is the back cover artwork of the original release.

The album is dedicated to Luigi Russolo, an Italian futurist and apparent early noise artist. Digging into this stuff is putting me onto people I've never heard of.
>>
File: 5.png (1 MB, 754x687) Image search: [Google]
5.png
1 MB, 754x687
Inner re-issue booklet, front cover.
>>
>>60976535
Russolo's the father of noise music.
>>
File: 6.png (1 MB, 1042x545) Image search: [Google]
6.png
1 MB, 1042x545
Inside, 1. This is the famous "Nurse With Wound List":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurse_with_Wound_list

It includes items familiar to /mu/ like Captain Beefheart, Can and Throbbing Gristle, and other period weird stuff.

This CD's bonus track features a "strain, crack, break" bonus track which is basically a long drawn out noisy listing of the list. Reminds me (backwardsly) of an old Aphex Twin Respect List, or a Daft Punk Teachers track.
>>
File: 7.png (1 MB, 1048x529) Image search: [Google]
7.png
1 MB, 1048x529
The real Liner Notes. Personnel, plus Steve's version of how it all went down. Three other personnel I didn't know about - I assume the "voice" is the shrieker in Six Buttons (sounded male, but it's Nadine?!)

Steve's personal history of things goes that he, Heman, and John liked to buy weird records together and developed a friendship over it. Radio station opens up, Steve lies to get space, they come in and record noise. Ebin.

Steve specifically mentions in these notes that he and Heman were both fans of Floh de Cologne - a band with whom H.R. Giger was on friendly terms, I think.
>>
File: 8.png (1 MB, 1070x556) Image search: [Google]
8.png
1 MB, 1070x556
A&R enthusiasm.
>>
File: 9.png (1 MB, 1073x498) Image search: [Google]
9.png
1 MB, 1073x498
This was also really great to see for the first time. I've had this vague faceless idea of NWW that was Only Steve Or Dada for so long that it's nice to see the rest of the original trio.

I get the feeling from these Liner notes that John thought it was going to be this big thing involving him and so he inserted himself into it, but it didn't turn out that way.
>>
File: 10.png (1 MB, 999x479) Image search: [Google]
10.png
1 MB, 999x479
A young Steve, and a puff-piece which may have been written by John Fothergill (which feeds my previous interpretation of where he thought things were going).

This ends the Chance Meeting notes.
>>
>>60976535
>>60976575

Not gonna do images right now, but there is a clear pattern of early album dedications to other weirdos that I didn't know about until now.

Insect and Individual Silenced (the 4th album): "dedicated to Boris Vian"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Vian

looks like the actor Peter Stormare!

And, Homotopy to Marie (the 5th album): "inspired by Franz Kamin".

This popped my NWW cherry so it's special to me. And I was very surprised to learn that the above person was a modern composer who died in a car crash in my part of the world about 5 years ago, so this gives the album new significance to me/makes me want to check out Franz Kamin. The connection also vaguely explains the topology reference, which was always odd to me as a math guy.

My larger point here is a strong suspicion that the other two early albums (To The Quiet Men From A Tiny Girl, and Merzbild Schwet) probably also have dedications to influences. I want to know who those were, esp. Schwet is the personal favorite as I've already said.
>>
Tfw Soliloquy For Lilith on vinyl is $200+
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.