[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/anco/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 9
File: animal-collective-photo.jpg (777 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
animal-collective-photo.jpg
777 KB, 1920x1080
Animal Collective General

What's your favourite EP?
What do you expect from their next album?
Who's your favourite member?
>>
>Prospect Hummer
>just hoping it sounds good
>D E A K
>E
>A
>K
>>
>fall be kind
>better than MPP, worse than CHz
>the one that doesn't actually do anything
>>
I don't think geo is a very creative individual
>>
File: TheDeakofLeaks.png (243 KB, 565x613) Image search: [Google]
TheDeakofLeaks.png
243 KB, 565x613
>>
>>60969467
No
>>
>>60969467
leak it deak
>>
>>60969467
leak it deak
>>
>>60969396
People
More overproduced bleh-ness like CHz
Avey

Spirit was their best.
>>
>>60969467
Leak it Deak
>>
>>60969396
>What's your favourite EP?
Fall Be Kind/Water Curses
>What do you expect from their next album?
I let the boys take me where ever they want to at this point
>Who's your favourite member?
Geo is a dreamboat
>>
File: 4543_12195.jpg (2 MB, 9213x6142) Image search: [Google]
4543_12195.jpg
2 MB, 9213x6142
>Tie between Water Curses and Fall be Kind
>It`s gonna be good. Hopefully..
>Panda bb
>>
Fall Be Kind
Better than CHZ and Danse, worse than all the rest
AVEYYYYYYYYYY <3
I'm a straight white male and I daydream of seeing him walk into work one day and I just freak out.
>>
Why can't I get into this band?
>>
>>60969467
>tfw the last possible time this image could have been made was over half a decade ago
>>
>>60970916
What albums have you listened to?

Maybe try Person Pitch if you can't get into AnCo.
>>
>>60969872
Geo IS a dreamboat.
I love him and his artistic contribution.
He's also a really nice guy, but so are the rest of them

I think their next album is gonna be amazing, and I think the p4q/industry are going to like them again.

as for ep? that's tough. I guess FBK and WC as well

Can't wait for that album/tour
>>
>>60969463
HE MAKES ALL THEIR COOL WEIRD SOUNDS!
troll, I hope.
>>
File: panda.jpg (22 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
panda.jpg
22 KB, 480x319
>>60969396
>Fall Be Kind
>I have high hopes. I really dig Floridada and the amazon samples (which I regret listening to in hindsight) were solid as well. Floridada is already better than most of Hz.
>I really like both Avey and Panda's music in their own way so I can't decide between the two
>>
Does anyone have an up for those amazon samples? I listened but never downloaded
>>
>>60969467
Leak it Deak
>>
who's seeing them on the new tour?
columbus pham rally around me
>>
Fall Be Kind
Centipede Hz was total wank and FloriDada is total wank, so I expect more total wank, and not sure if I want to see them live
Panda I guess.
>>
>>60971142
https://mega.nz/#!x1UxzRjQ!CH4DFtLTlheJ-l5cdDF2VAtvq5lQroBaQfTiUgTR5Cc
>>
>>60969396
1.)water curses
2.)i expect a much better version of centipede mixed with mw
3.)panda is cool as fuck but avey responded to my message on ig so i cant decide
>>
CHz drops off so badly after Wide Eyed. tracks 1-5 are on par with everything they've done quality-wise. then it's like they decided to stop doing the aliens-jamming-over-radiowaves concept halfway through the album and every song becomes tired and lifeless.
>>
>>60969396
>What's your favourite EP
probably Prospect Hummer or Fall be Kind but i haven't listened nearly enough to them to have an actual formed opinion
I really like the direction they're taking to make shorter, to-the-point songs but i'd really like if after this album they'd go back to a HCTI aesthetic (not necesarily similar, but the same kind of hectic sounds crashing into each other with sudden crescendos and playful vocals)
My favourite is probably Panda (can't beat his drumming), but I think the most talented is Avey and also I feel like if I knew better what Geo parts are in each song i'd value him much more than I do. Deak is too awkward for me but he is nice.

I've always wondered if this guys did well in school. I guess Geo did but the other 3 seem really dumb specially Panda (he must have fryed his brain with all the phsychedelics he takes). I still love their colourful music and aesthetic so no problem with them being a bit below average. What do you guys think?
>>
>>60972506
>I've always wondered if this guys did well in school. I guess Geo did but the other 3 seem really dumb specially Panda (he must have fryed his brain with all the phsychedelics he takes)
I could see Panda being into biology seeing as he's titled two tracks selfish gene and natural selection. they're probably all into bio/zoology to some extent, they love animals so much. but yeah none of em seem good at math.
>>
>want to listen to anco
>it just makes me feel sad and nostalgic
>the realisation hits me that i was so much happier 2 years ago
>>
>>60972552
That's what I thought too. Like they seem to lack the logical/mathematical side, maybe this is why they can make less structured songs and can focus better on sounds and rythm more than the more technical part of music. That'd be a wild guess tho. I mean Geo did say that they don't know a lot of theory, but work better just on ear.
>>
>>60969396
To create more discussion i'll post some more questions:

What is your favorite LP?
Favorite period?
Favorite 3 songs in a row?
Favorite Side-project?

Try to ask questions and general inquiries to keep the thread alive.
>>
>>60972182
stop listening to anco any time buddy
>>
>>60972182
New Town Burnout and Monkey Riches are the two best tracks on the album though
>>
>>60972859
Yeh, I felt the better tracks were on the second halve desu. Apple Sauce and Moonjock are great but the second half has Pulleys, Mercury Man, Amanita and New Town Burnout which are all god tier
>>
>>60972789
>LP
HCTI
>period
2003-2005
>songs
April-untitled- Penny dreadfuls
>Side-project
right now i'm enjoying a lot PBvsGR and Young Prayer
>>
File: dr-strangelove12546873441.jpg (12 KB, 339x309) Image search: [Google]
dr-strangelove12546873441.jpg
12 KB, 339x309
>>60972601
Listen to Strawberry Jaw instead of Feels o STGSTW.
>>
>Prospect Hummer, it intro'd me to Vashti
>I hope it's as energetic as that interviewer from Fact said it was. I love Panda, but not as much as Avey, and we've gotten so much Panda material recently that I'm not really excited to be sedated by him for a while.
>Avey>Panda>Geo>Deakin
>>
File: 1449873990785.png (148 KB, 450x465) Image search: [Google]
1449873990785.png
148 KB, 450x465
do you guys think avey and panda fucked?
who was the top and who was the bottom?
>>
>>60971656
Thanks anon!
>>
File: 1337640213268.png (404 KB, 631x627) Image search: [Google]
1337640213268.png
404 KB, 631x627
>tfw they aren't coming to New Orleans for the upcoming tour

Water Curses first, Fall Be Kind second

I'm hoping for good shit, might not be a masterpiece but worth the listen at least. Hopefully it's worth the pre-order.

Avey obvs
>>
>Boston and Portsmouth shows both sold out immediately
>I'm the only one of my friends who got a ticket
I'm cool with going to concerts alone but I'm surprised they sold out so quickly.
>>
>>60973658
if they did Panda definitely was the bottom. But I don't think they did, at most they made out.
>>
>>60973658
quit bein gay
>>
>>60972789
What is your favorite LP?
Hmm...Prospect Hummer or MPP
Favorite period?
SUNG TONGS TO SJ
Favorite 3 songs in a row?
shit, in the flowers my girls also frightened
Favorite Side-project?
Pandas solo work or even Jane which is super underrated
>>
>>60973929
i've been meaning to get into Jane, what is it similar to? i've heard that it's kinda like Panda Bear singing over other songs or something like that.
>>
>>60973950
It's way more drony than you imagine but it's still really cool. I'd suggest listening to coconuts and berserker. The only have 2 albums
>>
Fall Be Kind. WWIW?S is one of my top 3 tracks.
From the Amazon previews it sounds like Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper meets Enter the Slasher House the whole way through, which I guess I should expect, but it sounds like there's minimal Geologist input which disappoints me. Either way I'm excited.
Deak for the meme, Avey for songwriting on the whole although I think he's dropped off some in the last couple years.
>What is your favorite LP?
Feels.
>Favorite period?
Feels through MPP was incredible. Some people here honestly seem to underrate MPP because My Girls made them huge, but it's such a great album.
>Favorite 3 songs in a row?
The Purple Bottle into Bees into Banshee Beat. The first and third are my other two top 3 AnCo tracks. Bees is pretty cool too.
>Favorite Side-project?
Panda's solo stuff, although Down There was such a good album that it deserves an honorable mention.
>>
Honestly, I'd love to see another ODDSAC. And by this I don't mean exactly another thing like what ODDSAC is. I mean this: ODDSAC came out in a time when AnCo was the poppiest it had ever been by far. Then ODDSAC drops and it's this really weird, out there shit that have elements of their recent stuff, but feels a lot more like their early stuff. I think Painting With is just going to be a ridiculous sugar rush, and I'd love to see another ODDSAC to balance it out a bit.
>>
>tfw just purchased tickets for a show in DC in May
>>
>>60973804
I'm going to the Boston show. I plan to be up front and very high.
>>
>>60974269
Excellent, I'll see you there. I'll probably be doing the same thing.
>>
>>60974269
>>60974292
Any Nashville bros here?
>>
>tfw AnCo isn't going to tour through South America
Why even live bros
>>
>>60974137
Yeah, MPP seems to be pretty unappreciated due to it being as popular as it is. It's bound to happen tho, popular records often get unjustified hate.
>>
>At school all day
>Get home
>Tickets already sold out for LA
What the fuck
>>
>>60969396
>Fall Be Kind
>The Beach Boy's fucking a synth
>Avey
>>
>>60976727
>The Beach Boy's fucking a synth
I'd be really onto that desu senpai
>>
>>60969467
leak it deak
>>
Anyone get tickets for Starland Ballroom?
>>
>>60969396
fall be kind or prospect hummer
idk, seems like they have some kind of strawberry jam/feels thing going on and i'll roll with it!
Who's your favourite member?
pandie bear
>>
>>60972789
fuck. it's between sung tongs, spirit, and hollindagain, but i've been into feels lately
>Favorite period?
2003-2005
winters love, kids on holiday, sweet road
Favorite Side-project?
panda bear, definitely. i didn't /love/ pbvsgr, but i really dig the crosswords ep

so hype to see them in may. anyone else coming to their detroit show?
>>
>>60969467
LEAK IT DEAK
>>
seeing them in March

excite
>>
>>60970887
2syncopated4u
>>
>>60972506
Panda seems like the least druggy out of all of them imo
>>
>>60973737
I know that feel bro. I'm thinking of driving over to Austin to see them at Levitation but its right when my finals start so I realllly gotta luck out with my exam schedule
>>
>>60974170
It's kind of not known when they recorded the ODDSAC songs, but it seems like a lot of it was done before MPP, so it wasn't really a creative 180 per se
>>
>>60972789

>Favorite LP
STGSTV, Feels being a close second
>Favorite 3 songs in a row
Either The Purple Bottle, Bees, Banshee Beat, or For Reverend Green, Fireworks, #1. In The Flowers, My Girls, Also Frightened is also god tier.
>Favorite Side Project
Just listened to Person Pitch for the first couple times. Amazing stuff, Take Pills and Bros are 10/10
>>
>>60969467
Leak it Deak
>>
>>60978605
>least druggy
>lives in a country where all drugs are decriminalized
>>
>>60969467
where the fuck can i buy that hoodie
>>
>>60979334
ps - what the fuck happened to /mu/? senpai this senpai that

kill yourselves
>>
>>60971120
He single handedly made Chz sound like shit
>>
>>60969396
People
Wild and energetic AnCo pop. I want every song to be just as great as FloriDada.
Panda, of course.
>>
>>60969467
leak it deak
>>
>>60969396
>EP
Fall Be Kind
>Next album
I am hype as fuck oh my god you have no idea
>Member
Panda bby
>>60972789
>LP
Merriweather and Sung Tongs at a tie
>period
Probably 2007, when Person Pitch and SJ were fresh, and Panda's solo shows were so legendary and as a band they were working through MPP already. Absolutely magical
>3 song stretch
Daily Routine-Bluish-Guys Eyes
>side project
P E R S O N P I T C H
>>
>>60969467
LEAK IT DEAK
>>
>>60969396
>Fall Be Kind
>Weird pop album hopefully
>
>>
LEAK IT DEAK
>>
>>60972789
>MPP just over STGSTV
>Just after Strawberry Jam
>The Softest Voice/Winters Love/Kids On Holiday
>Person Pitch or Jane
>>
>>60972789
Spirit or Feels
>Favorite period?
Sung Tongs to MPP
Spirit - April - Untitled
>Favorite Side-project?
Pullhair Rubeye
>>
>>60971613
I'm seeing them in NY and NJ
>>
>>60969396
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiSwGbv4QUg
>>
>>60971613
Columbus too blood relative.
First Anco concert for me so it's gonna be good.
>>
>>60969396
>water courses
>to be better than Chz because Chz sucks
>avey, i also really enjeoy his solo projects
>>
>>60969467
leak it deak
>>
File: anco11.jpg (63 KB, 589x393) Image search: [Google]
anco11.jpg
63 KB, 589x393
>>60969396
>EP
Prospect Hummer
>Expectations
Strawberry Jam meets Sung Tongs
>Member
Geo underrated desu senpai https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cFLB3CjLEQ
>>60972789
>LP
Campfire Songs atm
>Period
Hollindagain to Feels is insane and I think all releases including those two and the ones between them share great commonalities.

By the way, do any of you have opinions on their live boots? The Breezeblock session(not really a bootleg) is amazing, and Sleeper Factory and Covered in Frogs has become two of my new favorite anco songs.
>3-song-stretch
Did you See the Words, Grass, Flesh Canoe
>Side-project
Gotta be Panda, but I've yet to listen to most side-projects so I need to get on that
>>
>>60976727
not just any synth, but a modular synth
gonna be fucking great, I'm feeling it
>>
>>60972859
MOnkey Riches might be my least favorite Animal Collective song of all time

THe melody is just unpleasant
>>
I saw them when they played Bluish live for the first time it was great what a night.
>>
>>60969467
Leak it deak
>>
>>60972182
>tired and lifeless
>Amanita
>>
>Water Curses cause Street Flash
>Catchy as fuck, Feels crossed with MPP
>Avey ofc
>>
>>60969467

Leak it deak
>>
Leak
>>
>>60985459
agreed, it's kinda obnoxious desu
>>
>>60969467
Leak it Deak
>>
There's gotta be someone here who's heard the new album, what with all the preview copies going around.

What's it sound like? Is it gon b Good?
>>
>>60972789
>LP
spirit
>Period
Campfire Songs - Sung Tongs
>3 Songs
hard question, they have a lot of really good two song runs but the third drops
peacebone, unsolved mysteries and chores i guess
>side project
either young prayer or person pitch
>>
>>60985459
agreed, pulleys is just boring imo, monkey riches is one of the (two) anco songs i think just suck, the other being the living toys
>>
>>60969459
>better than MPP, worse than CHz
But anon, this is a paradox.
>>
>>60969821
If anything CHz was under produced. This one is definitely produced well though, I just hope the songwriting is good.
>>
>>60969396
Water Curses is probably my favorite, but it's actually kind of amazing how good their EP catalog is. Fall Be Kind, People, and Prospect Hummer are all fantastic.
>>
>>60989984
Oh, and their next album will probably have good to very good songs from Avey, and Mediocre to good songs from Panda. Panda's Boys Latin thing will get annoying, the sampled drums instead of actual drum parts will be boring, the production will be good, it'll sound too much like Grim Reaper, it'll be about on par with CHz, but instead of interesting ideas that are too cluttered to be good, it'll have cleaned up production but less interesting ideas.

Avey is the best, although Panda matched him on PP and MPP era.
>>
>>60990066
my favorite part of the PBvsGR is the vocal interplay so I don't have a problem with too much of that in the next AnCo
>>
>>60990207
Boys Latin was probably the best song on it, but it's very distinct. In the Amazon sample leak that technique was used on about half the songs. I liked it too, but that's like wanting the chanting on Chores or the rave horn on Brothersport on half of the album.
>>
>>60986350
You're a lucky duck they played that very rarely
>>
>>60969467
leak it deak
>>
>>60987330
It
>>
File: cmooooon.gif (2 MB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
cmooooon.gif
2 MB, 500x240
Deak it, Leakin.
>>
>>60973658
>dibb had always found that it was about making a canoe out of someones flesh
what the fuck deak
>>
>>60991707
Deak
>>
>>60990405
I see where your going with this but i don't think they will abuse that too much. I hope they don't
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.