[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this album so underrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
Why is this album so underrated?
>>
>>60961859
I kind of agree with Fantano on this one. Her debut was promising, but she failed to actually do anything new with this one.
>>
>>60962119
Excuse me? It's completely different in sound.

More analog synths, denser production, higher vocals, seriously it's a fucking step in a direction you must admit.
>>
>>60962197
It's a step in a direction, however it's hardly changing anything up. The previous album had promise, and this album did nothing with said promise.
>>
>>60962578
>did nothing with said promise
>i didn't like it
ftfy
>>
>>60962603
Well yeah. That goes without saying, but the former can still exist with the latter
>>
File: 1396128141590.png (1 MB, 936x1185) Image search: [Google]
1396128141590.png
1 MB, 936x1185
I don't get it either senpai, I though it was great. Carolina was an amazing song.

>>60962119
Fantano's criticisms are fucking bullshit though, all he has to say is "I didn't like it," but instead he tries to apply objective critique to subjective opinions, which is retarded (still like him though).
>>
File: Kimbra 5.jpg (99 KB, 668x747) Image search: [Google]
Kimbra 5.jpg
99 KB, 668x747
>>60962119

Compared to Vows?

It was heavier, way more psychedelic. Everlovin' Ya especially. Goldmine is perfect.

The only duds are Miracle and 90's Music.

Didn't do her any favors by releasing those as the first 2 singles.
>>
File: teen heat.png (419 KB, 469x400) Image search: [Google]
teen heat.png
419 KB, 469x400
>>60963371
>>60964989
are we posting rare kimbras now

also 90s music is underrated as well. its in the top 5 songs on the album
>>
File: Kimbra 2.gif (916 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Kimbra 2.gif
916 KB, 200x200
>>60966734

90's Music sucked, so did the music vid for it, this ratchet shit is nasty.
>>
File: zjZjIpB.gif (41 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
zjZjIpB.gif
41 KB, 360x240
>>60966811
literally the only thing keeping you from loving it is your preconception that this is kimbra's sellout record when its actually a couple times more experimental than vows could ever be and you're perceiving it as annoying pop music
>>
File: Kimbra 4.jpg (132 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Kimbra 4.jpg
132 KB, 640x640
>>60967035

>literally the only thing keeping you from loving it

the record? I do love it. Can you read? >>60964989

> is your preconception that this is kimbra's sellout record

Except it's not, and I don't think that.

Can you read? >>60964989

>when its actually a couple times more experimental than vows could ever be

I already said that.

Can you read? >>60964989

>and you're perceiving it as annoying pop music

Except I'm not.

Can you....ah fuck it ya dumb cunt.
>>
Honestly I kept listening to this all threw 2015 really top notch, and she does all the producing herself too with protools. She's a genius.
>>
I liked it a lot OP. Definitely better than Vows. Favorite songs are Teen Heat and 90s Music, but this album is pretty dense with good songs actually. Could have cut out some filler like Goldmine though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPFgBCUBMYk
Can't get over how out of place her cameo is in this video.
>>
File: Wrong.gif (1 MB, 270x150) Image search: [Google]
Wrong.gif
1 MB, 270x150
>>60969036

>Goldmine
>filler

Miracle was the only filler on this record.

Goldmine is one of the strongest songs.
>>
>>60969229
>rhymes "mine" with "mine" in the chorus
No girl.
>>
>>60962119
-__- go blow Fantano you deaf bastard.
>>
>>60967035
>experimental

people use this term so fucking much, and I don't think they understand what it means. The act of making music in itself is experimental. The act of deciding what songs to put on the record is experimental. Scientists perform experiments because it means being brave and going into uncharted territory. Being an artist means you HAVE to experiment and branch out and try new things. It's like a chef making food that "edible". So fucking what, isn't that the point? 90's music was obnoxious and the whole album was just imitating what was successful top 20 music in 1988. There was nothing brave about it, the whole thing was really safe and cowardly.
>>
>>60962197
>seriously it's a fucking step in a direction you must admit.

I was saying the other day on here that I thought it was a step in the wrong direction from Vows.

It's got some great ones but shit like 90s music and Everlovin Ya are too "ghetto" for my tastes.

Bitch needs to get the fuck out of LA or something before she becomes Gwen Stefani.
>>
>>60963371
>Carolina was an amazing song.
True - and Rescue Him to be fair. It's decent but there's a few turkeys on it, on the whole.
>>
The album art seems unsuited to the sound of the album, too. Anyone else find that? Seems like it's gonna be far more Bjork or Kate Bush like.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.