[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Drake at his most accessible and normie stage yet? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1449836731460s.jpg (4 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1449836731460s.jpg
4 KB, 250x187
Is this Drake at his most accessible and normie stage yet?

Is this his equivalent of 'Lets Dance'?
>>
Don't like thinking of him as anything like Bowie, but otherwise sure he is
>>
Hasn't he always been accessible and normie?
>>
>>60960440
This.
>>
At what point was Drake inaccessible?
>>
Is the joke here that Drake always has been accessible and normie?
>>
He achieved peak accessibility with Started From the Bottom.
He used to be poor and streetwise which isn't that accessible for the masses, but once he made it, people (read: middle class white american teenagers) could emphasis better with him.
Pop music is about image not music, and that moment was his aesthetic paradigm shift.
>>
>>60960272
Always been the definition of accessible and normie. I've never really been a drake fan, but I like the music he's making right now
>>
What is the best Drake album /mu/?
I usually hate top 40 but I'm enjoying Hotline Bling
>>
>>60960969
his best one is viral marketers like you should fucking kill yourselves
>>
>>60960981
I'm liking it so far thanks for the rec anon ;-)
>>
>>60960891
>He used to be poor and streetwise

g8 b8 made me ir8
>>
AND I KNOW WHEN THAT HOTLINE BLING
>>
>>60962642
what does this mean
does he mean ring
and if so why not say that since they both rhyme
>>
>>60960969

I like Nothing Was the Same quite a bit and it's my favorite, but I think the prevailing opinion 'round here is that IYRTITL (most recent mixtape) is best
>>
>>60963309

correction, I mean most recent mixtape besides WATTBA, the collab with Future. That one is pretty good too imo
>>
>>60960891
1. Drake was never poor or streetwise, he's suburban upper middle-class who became a wealthy child actor at a young age.
2. Up until relatively recently, it was much, much easier to sell yourself as a rapper only if you WERE poor and streetwise.
In other words, you're wrong on both accounts.
>>
Drake's first single in the US hit #2 and went 3x platinum ("Best I Ever Had"), he's never not been accessible and normie.
>>
>>60963198
it can only mean one thing
>>
>>60963485
is this an innuendo or are you confirming my expectation
>>
no people realized he's a black jew
>>
>>60960969
So Far Gone and If You're Reading This are my favorites.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.