[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone post that music theory chart that contains the circle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (256 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
256 KB, 800x800
Can someone post that music theory chart that contains the circle of fifths, chord progressions that fit a certain style, and so on? I would really appreciate it.

Also general music theory thread i guess. Anyone want to rec me a post-punk chord progression? Or just post your fav progession in general.
>>
File: 1438628226385.jpg (375 KB, 639x1600) Image search: [Google]
1438628226385.jpg
375 KB, 639x1600
This one?
>>
So what are the best free resources on the internet you guys use to learn theory, especially ear training? I already found a bunch of ebooks and music theory.net and such, but who has good lecture-type content? I'm a relative beginner, but I am moving fast since I pretty much learn all day instead of working.
>>
>>60952887
Also, I wrote a song that begins in Gmaj but then uses a C# after a few bars and stays in Dmaj the rest of the song. Is that just a key change, or is there some other way of defining it since it moves into Dmaj so quickly and stays there?
>>
>>60952887
well ear training mostly comes with playing written music, as its a term for being able to hear music that is written on a sheet of music in your head, or identify tones played aloud based on the pitch. some good places to start learning theory would be getting to know your circle of 5ths i.e. chord relationships in relation to each key (get to know your major scales by note name). and understanding the tetrachords. tonal spacing between scales. google it bitch
>>
>>60952987
its probably a passing chord, that is only transitional right? is it c# major? c# is the b5 in the G scale. so, it could only really be played diminished, or maybe c# + 5 for a real rock n roll passing tone bridge thingy.
>>
>>60952637
yes, thank you <3
>>
>>60953309
its not a chord, just a note. its not passing either. the only chords are variants of Dmaj and Amaj.
>>
>>60953955
i do also have a song in Amaj that uses a Bmaj as a passing cord though, what should i google to learn about how that works?
>>
>>60952586
Favorite non-standard augmented sixth chords?

I'm getting lots of mileage out of the Australian sixth chord.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.