[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Bish Bosch.jpg (177 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Bish Bosch.jpg
177 KB, 1500x1500
What do you think of this album?
>>
>tfw no one on /mu/ cares about scott walker
>>
The Drift was better. This album didn't take itself as seriously and was too repetitive for it's own good
>>
>>60951926
>This album didn't take itself as seriously
that was the best part about the album
>>
>>60951926
Thanks for replying anon.
See I haven't quite gotten into The Drift yet, I've listened a couple times, but I'm still digesting it I'd say. I just really love the production of the guitars on Bish Bosch, as well as the delivery of the vocals. I have a hard time choosing between Tilt and Bish Bosch as my favorite Walker LP at the time being.
>>
>>60951943
I enjoy some music like that, but certain parts felt forced and uninteresting. Especially when it doesn't add anything.
>>
>>60951943
>Remember: "Someday you'll go far if you catch the right train."
>How about "You're so fat when you wear a yellow raincoat, people scream, 'Taxi!'."

10/10
>>
>>60951982
IF SHIT WERE MUSIC

LA DA DA DA

IF SHIT WERE MUSIC

LA DA DA DA

YOU'D BE
A BRASS BAND
>>
>>60951951
Tilt is good, but in my opinion, The Drift is Walker crossing the threshold, at the edge of insanity, before he jumps during Bish Bosch. Everything about The Drift is unsettling, and unlike its predecessor, it has slightly more diversity. It accomplishes everything it sets out to.

>>60951982
This is kind of what I was trying to refer to. I enjoyed Zercon, but moments like that took me out of the experience.
>>
>>60952085
idk the only moment that really took me out of the experience was 'that moment' in Corps De Blah, which unfortunately outside of that segment is the best song on the whole fucking record.
>>
for such a inaccessible album i've always thought that it has plenty of catchy parts

epizootics altogether is a pretty catchy tune
>>
One of the best records of all time.
>>60951926
But it isn't repetitive at all.
>>60952085
Do you know the story for Zercon? He's a court jester for atilla the Hun, mocking the death of his once great empire.
>>
>>60952134
I liked "Epizootics!" the most. It definitely showed Walker being able to jump from rhythm to rhythm, but in a precise and not-perturbing presentation.
>>
>>60952190
Phrasing is crazy catchy imo.
>>60952194
There's a reason for practically ever song to be ones favorite from the record really. There's nothing but quality here.
>>
>>60952193
The repetitive parts in Bish Bosch for me are the guitars. There always seems to be some sort of metallic riff in each song on the album, or just similar rhythms if anything. Also yes, I do know the background the Zercon, but I still find it being too "wacky" for its own good. I wish he could have approached it in a different, more sinister way.

>>60952247
I like Phrasing as well. It's short and to the point.
>>
File: ed43c3a1.jpg (84 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
ed43c3a1.jpg
84 KB, 800x800
>y-you guys didn't forget me about me... right?
>>
>>60952284
I mean it's not like the record lost all seriousness the whole thing is atonal. There's just as much tension as The Drift.
That string feature in Corps for instance is terrifying.
>>
>>60952352
Of course it didn't lose all seriousness, I just felt like The Drift executed what Bish Bosch did better.

>>60952348
This record was decent, probably on par with Bish Bosch. I've never been that big of a Sunn O))) fan.
>>
>>60952392
>on par with Bish Bosch
Nah, Soused is like 4AD trying to make up for Bish Bosch existing at all. Not to say that Scott Walker didn't actively try to work with Sunn O))) himself but I could seriously imagine some representative from 4AD trying to get Scott to do something that could appeal to a wider audience like Soused did. Bish Bosch, while highly acclaimed, was the definition of polarizing, especially when most people who buy Walkers albums buy them on wax, and it's at least $30 brand new (Bish Bosch that is).
Soused was a great middle ground for people unfamiliar with Walkers work, people who were weirded out by Bish Bosch, and those who like Sunn O))).
That being said, the main issue with Soused is that it isn't weird enough. It's pretty straight forward for a Scott Walker record at the time of release.
>>
>>60952392
Totally disagree personally I think Bosch is just a finer execution of The Drift.
The real difference between the records is in the orchestrations: I appreciate the more minimal and spacious tracks on Bosch. It feels more organized than The Drift.
>>
>>60952441
Parts of it reminded me of Lulu by Lou Reed and Metallica, which I wasn't absolutely disgusted by. Soused definitely could have been better, but the two musicians styles are vastly different to begin with

>>60952446
Opinions are opnions, I guess. I actually like the atmospheric long songs on The Drift.
>>
>>60952499
Except Soused was executed much MUCH better than Lulu. I can see what you mean though.
>>
>>60952517
>Except Soused was executed much MUCH better than Lulu
I never said it wasn't
>>
>>60952531
I know. I was just saying that myself.
I personally enjoy Lulu.
>>
enjoy yr fart noises
>>
>>60953736
>1 song has fart noises for about 1/6th of the songs length, if that.
>HURR DURR ENJOY UR FART NOISES
kill yourself
>>
>>60953749
you're buttmad

haha *farts* : ^ )) ) ) ) ) )
>>
>>60953749
yes but is it art?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.