[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else browse r/music when they want to feel better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: music.png (19 KB, 934x193) Image search: [Google]
music.png
19 KB, 934x193
Does anyone else browse r/music when they want to feel better about their own taste?
>>
No, because I'm not an insecure faggot.
>>
Not really, the only good music related subreddit is /r/letstalkmusic
>>
>>60942207
kill yourself that board sucks
>>
>>60942207
My nigga
>>
>>60942207
sssh, don't tell the /mu/ faggots about it
>>
>>60942215
why does it suck?
>>
>>60942228
Not him but any subeeddit that requires paragraph essays for all replies is terrible.
They also almost never discuss non popular music.
>>
>>60942221
i'm not surprised a few self-admitted /mu/tants browse it
it's better than the ADHD-inflicted discussion here with nothing of the brazen dogpiling that affects bigger and popular subreddits. /mu/ is good for discovering new stuff and getting a worthwhile rating on a particular album or band, but rarely anything more than that. the generals can be okay though.

>>60942289
no one's forcing you to write essays or be self-righteous about it.
>>
>>60942327
>no one's forcing you to write essays
False the moderator literally removed my comment because it wasn't log enough.
>>
>>60942215
>>60942289
>>60942396
that's how they keep one liner shitposters such as yourself out ;)
>>
>>60942434
They weren't shit posts, they were coherent argument in 2-3 sentences.
It's not my fault you think some pretentious pop music subeeddit is worthwhile.
>>
>>60942186
Go into a genre specific subreddit at most of the time it will be superior to moo. /r/music is shite though "hey guys have you ever heard of Alice in Chains?"
>>
no because I'm not a 15 year old who treats music like a dick measuring contest.
>>
Trips decides what song we upvote brigade to the top of /r/music
>>
>>60942729
this
>>
Why does /mu/ even pretend to have better taste than reddit when neither listen to classical a significant amount?
>>
>>60942207
What about r/hhh fambruh?
>>
Whats a subreddit thats not filled with plebs, theres too many epic memes on mu
>>
>>60942772
Death Grips are basically serialism for the contemporary intellectual, t b h familia
>>
>>60942772
Classical will never be patrician
>>
>>60942834
it's the definition of patritian. there's a long tradition of art music and pop music being kept separate, yet /mu/ ignores art music and looks in vain for patrician pop
>>
>>60942855
>art music and pop music being kept separate
>the entire Teutonic composing tradition starting with Bach doesn't exist

gb2workingonyourSATprepclass
>>
File: katie 4.jpg (310 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
katie 4.jpg
310 KB, 1600x1200
this is a retarded thread
>>
>>60942877
>implying there was pop music to keep separate back then (the relationship of folk and classical is much more complicated)
>implying the "Teutonic composing tradition" means something
>>
>visiting reddit
>at all
kys
>>
>>60942855
>patrician pop
Pet Sounds
>>
>>60942772
Because Classical is old. It sounds like a petty arguement, but it holds more merit than you think. You can never hear a classical piece the way it was intended to be heard because most of the best classical was written before audio recording was a thing. Yes, you get sheet music but it's like hearing a cover band of a cover band of a cover band of a cover band of a cover band of a cover band of the original artists.
Yes, little music has gotten to be perceived as grandiose and seen as high class by most people, but other genres have come about since that entail that much respect to intricacy and work.
>>
>>60942778
yeah, it's good too
>>
>>60942186

Reddit is where people blow each other.
>>
>>60943637
and here we just shit on each other
>>
>>60942812
haha
>>
>>60942834
lolwut?
>>60943399
The whole point of classical music is reinterpretation you moron.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.