[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss this wacky album. I personally think it is very good,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
Discuss this wacky album. I personally think it is very good, each note hits the right spot IMO. It's conceptual and there is a turning point in themes after a certain point in a certain track (something I don't see too much of these days). I also saw someone call this "shit."
>>
Too many artists are doing this now. Someone has to elevate.
>>
>>60942189
define "this"
>>
>>60942255
trying to replicate the style of R+7? i think thats what he means. a lot of Orange Milk Records is doing that now. just listen to their catalog on Bandcamp and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>60942143
first one was better
also fuck off giant claw
>>
>>60942347
okay so Deep Thoughts might sounD a little similar to R+7, but giant claw is clearly not rung to emulate OPN on this album. Perhaps GC was influenced by OPN, but these two albums are very different. would you be upset if a shoe gaze band was influenced by Loveless and had a somewhat similar sound? I don't think so. they would just be in the same style, and no one would think twice.
>>
Yeah, we get it. You arpeggiated a bunch of N64 soundfonts.
>>
>>60942143
It's a very well composed, Keith Rankin is one of the few vaporwave-inspired artists bringing a compositional element to the genre and succeeding. He generally releases good stuff on his label and he's a good visual artist too.

His stuff as Death's Dynamic Shroud.wmv is also good.
>>
>>60942367
>first one

OP, this album is garbage. It's just the simplest of simple melodies overlaid on each other. Any thematic content you have conjured is an illusion you've created for yourself to mask the consumerist malaise and nihilism this album expresses. This album is a void - in taste, in content, in quality. I have nothing to say about it, because there is nothing there.
>>
>>60942143
i actually thought it was better than dark web. it played a lot almost like a fantasia for gate to the minds eye and i think keith used a lot more of his playful elements to his advantage to make some really exciting soundscapes and melodies.
>>
>>60942255
It's the soundfont, midi-driven, post-internet sort of sound. I like it a lot but at this point just for the nice tonal textures. I agree with what >>60942347 said, OMR puts out something similar to this every month.

>>60942477
It's not the fact that there's an influence. I like the influence and the general sound. I just think that it's time to move on as people have figured out OPN's formula for R+7. The idea of this sound is to be futuristic but still somewhat nihilistic in composition and delivery, replicating the incongruities of art and culture in the fast moving internet age. I think that the artists here should follow their own dogma and move as quickly as the times that they're parodying are moving. It's just stale, that's the thing.
>>
>>60942347
>>60942477
yeah i definitely can't understand why people compare this to R+7. they're so barely similar. they don't take similar approaches to melody or production and have totally different ideas fueling them. people hear one truncated choral sample and say "zomg sounds just like opn!"
>>
>>60942943
Thia
>>
>>60942971
*This
>>
nice thread guys. we did it. music discussion on /mu/
>>
>>60942756
this. compositionally, giant claw is a high point for this genre.
>>
>>60942756
WHAT. giant claw is dds.wmv. this is news to me.
>>
>>60942781
the turning point is after the gunshot. the album goes to a much darker sound after that moment. I dunno what you are on about. this album has nothing to do with consumerist malaise
>>
>>60943826
Yeah, Keith Rankin and some other guy.
>>
>>60943884
The other guy is James Webster aka HCMJ
>>
first 3 minutes in this album I'm laughing too hard at that buh buh buh buh buh buh dodododododododo going on
>>
>>60944181
keep going
>>
>>60944188
now im playing a buggy unreleased n64 game that was probably going to be on the disk drive but then they decided fuck it
>>
this song makes me feel like i just took the best bubble bath
>>
>>60943993

This is really interesting to me. Can't believe two of my aoty are this same guy. I emailed him about how much I liked giant claw and some other orange milk stuff and he was really nice.

Where should I start with HCMJ senpai???
>>
>>60945488
I haven't heard any HCMJ stuff other than dds.wmv so I've no idea, sorry.

I do know that you can find a lot of his stuff here though:

https://ghostdiamond.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>60942143
It's more Far Side Virtual than R+7 and even still that's really only because stock MIDI presets
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.