[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is music just a hobby for you all, or do you really care about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Josquin_Des_Prez_400x400.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Josquin_Des_Prez_400x400.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
Is music just a hobby for you all, or do you really care about it?

If you cared about it more than a hobby, you'd venture outside of the past 50 years.
>>
cool post
>>
>>60938931
but I listen to stravinsky and chopin everyday
>>
If I made a list of all my hobbies it would probably be at the bottom.

It's something I do when I'm going to another hobby, or when I can't do anything else.
>>
>>60938951
You should go older than Chopin.
Also that's pretty basic stuff. It's like saying "I listen to Rock: Pink Floyd and Radiohead primarily."
>>60938955
that's chill
I respect people like you a lot more than people who claim to care but don't really
>>
>>60938951
this is the most inconsisten trip i've ever seen. is the character arbitrary to you? do you not respect the art of a good trip jesus christ man .
>>
>>60938960
Hey, thanks man
>>
>>60939020
np man everyone has different passions. I go on /v/ but don't really care that much about vidya.
I just wish people could be honest about it, ya know?
>>
>>60938960
list me some examples
>>
>>60939048
well European stuff more or less starts with medieval music like Leonin, Perotin, Du Fay, and Ockeghem.
then there's Renaissance music by Josquin, Gesualdo, Monteverdi
Baroque music by Lully, Rameau, Vivaldi, Handel, Bach.
and of course Classic music like Haydn and Mozart.

all of that is worthwhile plus the tons of smaller names.
>>
>>60939070
ty
>>
>>60938931
Why though.

The past 50 years are already dense enough in content to more than maintain my interest.
>>
File: greven14_12227613382.png (545 KB, 637x540) Image search: [Google]
greven14_12227613382.png
545 KB, 637x540
>>60939070
I prefer Pagan European musik.
>>
>Is music just a hobby for you all, or do you really care about it?
It's a hobby.
>If you cared about it more than a hobby, you'd venture outside of the past 50 years.
I still do. Why don't you venture outside of art and popular musics? You never listed any such examples here: >>60939070
>>
>>60938981
>trip
>art
I like this
>>
Hobby put I dedicate it a lot of time.
>>
>>60938931

I don't know nearly enough from the past 50 years though.
>>
>>60939473

Like I would like to, but you gotta finish dinner before you have dessert
>>
>>60938931
lee ebin b8 thred xDD
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.