[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GIGGING MUSICANS!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: practiceallthetime.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
practiceallthetime.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
I never see gigging musicians threads here. Let's get one going.
>Instrument you play
>Are you in a band?
>What kind of music does your band play?
>What kind of music do you wish you were playing?

Me:
I play bass guitar in a post-punk Americana band. It's cool but I prefer playing R&B/Soul/Funk/Jazz. I was recently in a progressive bluegrass band where I played upright. That was one of the sickest gigs I ever had!

Pic related: what you do when you aren't gigging!
>>
>>60935671
>Instrument you play
I'm the lead guitarist
>Are you in a band?
Yes
melodic death metal
melodic death metal

Not much room for discussion ITT
>>
>>60935671
>Instrument
Lead guitar/vocals
>Band
Yes
>What kind of music
rocknrolo
>what kind of music do ya wish
music like jeff buckleys
>>
Everyone on mu is an ambitionless shitter with no skills or talent
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 960x720
>Instrument you play
Guitar, bass, drums, piano, vocals- everyone in the band is a multi-instrumentalist and we all write so we switch around between songs a lot
>Are you in a band?
Yup, we're about to go on hiatus though because I'm going to Florida for an internship for 6-8 months
Weird, eclectic indie rock with weird song structures but we're a power trio so we kind of play the songs like a bar band. (Pic related- is us)
Twinkly emo, pop punk, or a Bruce Springsteen-type thing with a big band
>>
>Instrument you play
Bass/Vocals
>Are you in a band?
Yes
Sludge/Post-Metal/Prog
I like what I'm doing now, wouldn't mind having a few more bands in different styles
>>
>>60935671
>>Instrument you play
Drums
>>Are you in a band?
Yes
>>What kind of music does your band play?
Math-Rock/Psych/Indie
>>What kind of music do you wish you were playing? I actually have a passion for Post-Hardcore/Jazz-Fusion so I'm hoping I can fuse the two on a future project. Would you guys listen to that?
>>
>Instrument you play
vocals, guitar, bass, piano, drums
>Are you in a band?
yes
vapid radio rock. muse, arctic monkeys, franz ferdinand type stuff
sad indie music with lots of whining, unusual chord progressions and sampling. radiohead, portishead, 13-era blur kinda stuff
>>
>>60936960
especially you
>>
>>60935671
>bluegrass
get out
>>60936893
acceptable
>>60936946
you will never be as good as based jeff. try and do something original instead
>>60937009
you sound unbearably pretentious but your band sounds neat
>>60937062
nice
>>60937068
that sounds cool, yeah I'd wanna give it a listen
>>60937069
oh the woes of being stuck in a pleb band playing music you don't like. rip anon
>>
>>60936960

>projecting this hard

It's ok, it's never too late to learn an instrument. You just have to get up and do it.

>>60937009

That sounds vaguely interesting, assuming "weird song structures" includes meter changes. You probably have my attention.

>>60937062
>>60937068

You two also have my attention, with no qualifiers. Those are good genres and I like discovering smaller bands.

>>60937117

>pretentious

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.
>>
would being an engineer count?
>no, not really

how busy is everyone this holiday season?
>>
>>60937193
I'm >>60937062, I've posted my stuff in metal threads before, but if you're interested, here's an older EP of ours, the lead guitarist/vocalist on this left the band though: https://titanisma.bandcamp.com/album/celestial-aggression

and a newer song: https://soundcloud.com/titanis-122762364/starliftermp3
>>
>>60935671
I play guitar, bass and piano. I don't play in a band because here in the land of gooks everyone has utter shit taste. My personal solo work generally involves drone metal, post-rock, and recently I've been adding elements of prog rock and black metal into my work. It's pretty cool.
I wish I was technically skilled enough to play in a progressive tech black metal band that incorporates elements of post-rock and noise rock.
>>
>>60935671
>Instrument you play
Bass
>Are you in a band?
Yes
Garage/Surf Punk
Noise Pop / Gazey Stuff
>>
>>60937117
I try and write like Jeff instrumentation wise. I mean he was a great singer but damn could he play guitar.
>>
>>60937247
>Titanis
Seems like an unfortunate name, the "tight anus" jokes would never stop
>>
>>60937453
It happens all the time. All the fucking time. Wasn't my choice, our original guitarist came up with cause he's greek and I guess it's a greek word

It's also the name of a big, dumb, extinct bird
>>
>>60937247

Thanks. This is pretty sweet so far, really digging the drums in particular. Just the right amount of looseness.

And yeah I kinda agree with the other guy about the name, which also has the "wait, how do you pronounce that?" issue and isn't super memorable. You guys should maybe consider changing that before it's too late.
>>
Guys I play guitar,piano and ukulele how do I get into a band I write my own music. I started a little garage rock thing with a couple of friends but they had sports and I noticed our friendship on a decline so we pulled out of it. I'm a senior in high school right now should I just wait for college I don't even know where to start
>>
>>60938177

Do you have either your own car or a place at home to host practices? If the answer to either of those is yes, you should check craigslist and similar places for other musicians in the area looking to get together. If not then you might just have to wait until one of those becomes true honestly, it sucks but I also spent most of my high school years just doing solo projects. Good luck.
>>
>>60938177
Online listings (criagslist and the like) but you'd have better luck just straight up talking to people. Go to some shows.

Every business connection I've ever made was though the BMX/Stunt Inline Skating. Sounds weird. But some of these dudes are getting 600+ worth of gear every other week. Nice to play music with people who aren't broke.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.