[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a No Wave revival?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Will there ever be a No Wave revival?
>>
No way.
>>
No wave
>>
>>60934481

GIVE IT UP TOMMY
>>
>>60934453
I'm working on it, just be patient.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16 KB, 320x371
>>60934453
>Lydia Lunch
>>
God, I hope not.
>>
Now wave
>>
give me some time
>>
In the wake of GG allin and the critical acceptance of noise rock? How much further can you go, sort of outright bludgeoning your audience to death with your still feedbacking guitars while the smack needle hangs from your emaciated rotting flesh.

...I like in Wilminton Nc if anyone else would like to make this happen?
>>
it already happened in the mid-2000s
>>
>>60935760
It's not like he was groundbreaking, Throbbing Gristle was doing shit way before that.
>>
Dance punk revival already happened
>>
>>60934453
Muh dik!

Revival? Wasn't that early Les Georges Leningrad?
>>
nah dude we're no wave, we have no wave, we're special
>>
>>60935785
this, Liars, Black Dice, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the DFA Records dance punk stuff to an extent
>>
File: sesh.jpg (4 KB, 161x185) Image search: [Google]
sesh.jpg
4 KB, 161x185
>>60934453
Because the Goth Trill cloud scene is much better
>>
Given that no wave as a scene was more or less a reaction to the more commercial new wave movement, which itself was based in late 70s punk as a reaction to the blues rock dominated pop music of that era, what would it even be?

Rock music as a whole is somewhat stagnating, but perhaps the trend is cyclical; if we were to compare roughly the timeline of rock music, and state that the alternative rock of the 90s is roughly parallel with the explosion of rock music in the 60s (which at the time was inherently alternative to the pop of the preexisting music culture), with the implication that said alternative music of the 90s scene has become the status quo of rock music of the 2000s just as the rock of the 60s became the standard for the 70s, we can hypothesize and hope that a revitalization of rock music in the form of reaction to a stagnating radio presence will emerge sometime in this decade, drawing from more confrontational forms of less accessible genres, which would then catalyze and concentrate into, like musical chairs, into another decade of consolidated rock music, thus forcing a regional scene to react to the commercialized regurgitation of an originally alternative musical direction, a focus on transgression and sincerity laying the way for more innovative music.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.