[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Slam a meme? Seriously, how the fuck can anyone like this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: a1497857431_10.jpg (437 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
a1497857431_10.jpg
437 KB, 960x960
Is Slam a meme? Seriously, how the fuck can anyone like this shit?
>>
Infant annihilator is deathcore. Actual slam is even worse, usually.
>>
literally everything ever posted on this board is a meme and reddit tier.
>>
obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBO3bAlh43Y
>>
>>60934274
literally just sounds like water going down a sink, with some incoherent out of tune electric guitar
glad to know they all are autistic or something, hence the 'lol so random bananasuit' what the fuck

why do people like this again
>>
http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/04/04/deathcore-vs-slam-metal-how-2-tell-them-apart/
>>
>>60934372
I mean some people like that. I like it. Go away.
>>
>>60934379
if infant annihilator isn't as 'heavy', what the fuck does slam sound like
>>
>>60934416
Devourment is pretty much the template as far as I know. Infant annihilator is heavy but they're deathcore. Slam bands aren't that flashy.
>>
Slam is all about chromatic, single note palm-muted riffs over chunky bass and fun beatdowns.

Deathcore bands like Infant Annihilator have the beatdown part, but none of the fun or the chromatic riffs. Nor do they break into 'slams', where the song degenerates into a sort of groovy but not monotone section. Most metalcore and deathcore (glad these genres are more or less dead) tends to go into the 'breakdown' route (even then, they bastardize what breakdown used to mean) and just play open notes and occasionally syncopate or switch time signatures.

Slam is just simple, fun music. It's got a chunky groove missing from what is generally considered groove metal or metalcore, or even electronic music and hip hop (it's more akin to these than most other forms of rock honestly). The simple riff hooks backed by an insanely thick production make it worthwhile. It's not my favorite genre but I like a few artists.

If you're having trouble with the vocals, it's all about thinking of them as a rhythmic instrument (like most forms of metal or extreme music in all genres, really). It's not for everyone so don't press yourself if it isn't for you.
>>
>>60934416
I forgot the new denouement is actually good death metal. This song is about as typical slam as you can get though.
Groovy, low, chromatic riffing, mid tempo/(gravity) blast drums, and super low vocals are the hallmarks of the genre. It gets boring to me after a while. I don't really listen it.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=2p1dDV2MRdQ
This newer song is actually entertaining. I should listen to this album. The art is great too. I like the way they made it move.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=5h7kaW2eJw0
>>
>>60934195
Abominable Putridity is a meme slam
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCMypTVVxMQ
>>
is slam always death metal? i mean, can you have "slam" in any other genres?
>>
>>60934655
Wow nice post senpai
>>
>>60935325
Slam riffs as breakdowns are pretty popular in modern fusion genres. I was in a metalcore band that played a slam riff as a breakdown for a minute. They probably heard other bands do it since I really doubt they were into slam.
>>
>>60934655
> metalcore
> dead
Lel
>>
SHREDDED WHEAT
>>
>>60935565
I LIKE
TIGERS STUCK UP
BABIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEES
>>
>>60934692
>that wigger merch at the end of the video
wew
>>
>>60935625
most people who listen to slam/deathcore are either white trash or scene kids
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.