[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sufjan Stevens is shit, why everybody seems to like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: onibaba.jpg (21 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
onibaba.jpg
21 KB, 660x330
Sufjan Stevens is shit, why everybody seems to like it?
>>
>>60922315
They're gay husbandotards
>>
i don't get it either, sufjan stevens a shit
>>
>>68432616
I don't think their last album is as good as you say, it lacks something, im not sure what tho. Maybe they should have tried a new sound.

They played live with DrĂ¥pe back in 2011

>>60000000
Wow dubs
>>
>>60922341
>>60922315

why you don't like him
>>
>>60922571
His instrumentals are not outstanding, as he's always using the same chords with his acoustic guitar. His lyrics aren't relatable, at least for me.
>>
"Muh genuineness"
>>
>>60922571
There's just nothing to like about his music. It's bland, vaguely sad, thoroughly unimpressive and lazy indie folk.
>>
>>60922642
>his lyrics aren't relatableso to me, so he's shit

-.-
>>
I really do enjoy illinois, but the rest of his albums seem to have a lot of weak melodies and awkward instrumentalism
>>
>>60922686
And his instrumentals/production aren't compensating either, unless there's some song of his I have yet to hear.
>>
>>60922642
Lyrics don't have to be relatable to be good, they can just be interesting, or make you think, or they can be fun to say. They can just be cool sounding and work in a rhythmic way like scat.
>>
>>60922642
this is the worst shitposting i've seen for a while
>>
>>60922761
You must like that pesky rap music kids listen to nowadays.
>>
>>
>>60922907
>point out why I don't like an artist
>shitposting
>doesn't post a song of his with interesting instrumentals/production
>>
I don't see how anyone could dislike illinoise.
>>
>>60922942
This.

But the rest of his stuff I've heard is lacking
>>
>>60922571
Is pretentious and unoriginal, I don't find any good thing in his music.
>>
File: tumblr_nquowr1eOf1rgw0ado1_1280.jpg (639 KB, 1280x1579) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nquowr1eOf1rgw0ado1_1280.jpg
639 KB, 1280x1579
>>60922965
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wX5oBXWVBc
how can u hate this man?
>>
>>60922920
I actually don't like rap, too much cussing and I don't find it fun or interesting in anyway. Seems rather mundane and petty to me. But I still maintain, lyrics don't have to "omg it describes my life and feeling so well" to be good.
>>
>>60922942
I just tried a few times to get into that album, but I just only can. I love sad and emotional music, but i only found typical dull and boring melodies. I can't say anything about the lyrics because as a non english speaker i only read them if the music is worth it.
>>
Found the Sufjan haters.
>>
>>60923001
Ok, so I'm actually the guy who's defending his lyrics in the abstract saying they don't have to be relatable to be good but...
What's good about this? It's "every acoustic ballad ever", with no interesting arrangements and a very generic vocal delivery.
>>
>>60923016
What's your favourite song that creates rhythm out of lyrics? Scatman? xD
>>
I don't really know about his other stuff but Illinois is nice chamber pop, nothing revolutionary but definitely well put-together and emotionally engaging. The melodies aren't necessarily complex but that's okay, they're quite pretty and moving in their simplicity. Now I've got Chicago stuck in my head.
>>
>>60923035
Do you like Dream Theater?
>>
>>60923073
You are completely right. Anyone who likes Sufjan is just another depressed drone tbqh
>>
>>60923076
Jailhouse rock.
>>
sufjan is pussy wimp indie music, if you want music with real feels then look no further
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J6PPkKBXoU
>>
>>60923113
>>60923169
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>60923073
>every acoustic ballad ever
post some examples pls
>>
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>60923263
he just said every acoustic ballad ever.

go look up any acoustic ballad; there's your example
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.