[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is the most annoying shit i've ever heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: folder.jpg (120 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
120 KB, 600x600
this is the most annoying shit i've ever heard
>>
must just be a shit album OP, your taste is unquestionable
>>
>>60919246
but it's good bcuz all jazz is good and jazz cant be bad, especially not memes davis
>>
have you listened to any other jazz or is this the first thing you jumped into?
>>
>>60919246
okay.
>>
Damn OP

Thank you for opening my eyes. I'm a sheepie that just woke up from liking that trash.
>>
>>60919282
>have you listened to any other jazz or is this the first thing you jumped into?
not op, but what should i listen to before getting into jazz?
>>
File: 51zL0+dU0dL.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51zL0+dU0dL.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>60919309
This.
It isn't too out there, and the instruments and sounds on the album are what you would expect from 'stereotypical jazz', so it makes for easy listening for a new listener.

But stereotypical doesn't necessarily mean bad, listen to how Herbie Hancock plays the piano, it's pretty sick.

I'd recommend finding the /mu/ flowcharts/infographics on beginner jazz albums, find out who played what on that album, and then go explore, like every genre.
>>
>>60919280
low quality b8
>>
You wouldn't jump into Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky if you barely knew English

Without sounding like a dickhead, your tastes will develop the more you listen to jazz and after a while you'll be ready to appreciate Bitches Brew
>>
>>60919256
/thread
>>
>>60919386
>You wouldn't jump into Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky if you barely knew English
He could read it in his mother tongue, though. Even better if it's Russian.
>>
>>60919282
it's the first thing

i saw people saying it's a good entry-level for rock fans
>>
>>60919405
I regretted choosing that book as soon as I posted because I knew someone would come and throw it back at me

It was the fist "great novel" I thought of, sozza
>>
>>60919386
>English

>>60919246
Live-Evil was better.
>>
>>60919421
Maybe James Joyce would be a better example, although Miles Davis is easier to get into.
>>
>>60919457
Beefheart is the musical equivalent of Joyce
>>
What happens if you've listened to other jazz and still hate it?
>>
File: sextant.jpg (3 MB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
sextant.jpg
3 MB, 1400x1400
Not shitposting as OP, but i've been listening to a lot of jazz albums recently (avant-garde, free, swing, big bang, third stream, hard bop, etc) and I am having a hard time enjoying fusion. Apart from Head Hunters by Hancock, I guess fusion it's pretty boring overall; so far.
>>60919345
I'd say Maiden Voyage it's a better start. Both brilliant to be honest

P.S.: I don't buy these long lenghted spacey kinda tracks. Pic semi related
>>
>>60919246
i agree i liked kind of blue tho
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 299x269) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 299x269
>>60919420
>rock fans
>implying rock is a single genre

how quickly did it take you to get from reddit to here
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.