[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about BORIS Famed drone/ stoner rock band JAPANESE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: frog with tits.jpg (9 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
frog with tits.jpg
9 KB, 220x220
Let's talk about BORIS

Famed drone/ stoner rock band

JAPANESE

Part time post-rock/ j-pop/ shoegaze band

FROG WITH TITS

Heavy Rocks = Flood > Amp Worship > Feedbacker > Pink > Dronevil > Akuma No Uta

Rocks '11 is pretty good too and would be better liked if it had a different name!

Discuss band
>>
NOISE is underrated as fuck IMO.
>>
File: Rock Dream.png (393 KB, 467x467) Image search: [Google]
Rock Dream.png
393 KB, 467x467
>>60916819

I'll bite. Rock Dream by Boris with Merzbow is my favorite release of theirs. I love everything though except the poppy stuff. Feedbacker, Flood, & Heavy Rocks (orange) especially.
>>
>>60916830
This

Their best shoegaze work besides farewell
>>
>>60916819
At first I didn't give Flood a chance but now that I did I can appreciate it properly.

Also that Sunn O))) collab was good and massively underrated. Sure beat the other collabs Sunn O))) did.

Also I mean to listen to Sun Baked Snow Cave that they did with Merzbow at one point, but it's an hour long track, so maybe when I actually have time and patience for that shit. I don't mind an hour long album but if it's full on Merzbow and drone, it might be a bit more grating than I usually care for.

>>60916830
I dunno, I couldn't really get into it.
Also what's the deal with New Album? It was anime-tier songs.
>>
>>60917061
New Album is just what Boris wanted to do at the time apparently.
>>
>>60917061
Altar is so fucking good.
>>
>>60917094
I personally feel like Boris is a better band than Sunn O))) just because of the sheer fact that Boris actually changes their sound every time (well, maybe not always, but they covered a lot of territory), whereas Sunn have stuck somewhat firmly to drone metal. Like, the whole reason why Altar is a good album is that Boris basically forcibly drags Sunn O))) out of their compositional comfort zone enough times to make the album more interesting than most of Sunn O)))'s releases.
>>
>you will never see late 90s Boris live
>>
If I really liked Akuma No Uta, what other Boris albums will I enjoy?
>>
>>60916836
Rock Dream for me too.
Juuuust the right amount of noise.
>>
>>60918138
pink
>>
>>60917606
Why would you want to see them before they release most of their best material?

I mean you're essentially just saying 'I want to see them play Amp Worship' with this post
>>
Feedbacker > altar > flood > okuma No Uta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...>>>>>>>>> Pink

Where next for me?
>>
>>60916819
How do I into Boris? I listened to Akuma No Uta and loved it but it looks like most of their stuff is pretty different.
>>
>>60919878
go to Dronevil and perhaps give Absolutego a shot
>>
File: boris.png (1 MB, 2459x1503) Image search: [Google]
boris.png
1 MB, 2459x1503
>>60920348
I'm not entirely sure if your looking for drone, drone metal, stoner metal, or their sludgier stuff. Hopefully this chart isn't to autistic
>>
>>60919878
The thing which Solomon overlooked! It's a 4 disc album of done/rock/metal
>>
>>60920511
>to
jesus christ i can't english
>>
>>60916836
Rock Dream is perfect. I managed to find a sealed copy at a record store last year and it was 20% off.

The japanese version of smile is pretty under rated. and the Live version, I think its live at wolf creek, hold up against some of their best work.
>>
What happened to them?
>>
>>60920695
sometime around 2008 they started making less interesting music. They are still putting out some good songs though.
>>
File: tetsuo.jpg (81 KB, 1000x674) Image search: [Google]
tetsuo.jpg
81 KB, 1000x674
>>60920417
The last time I listened to Absolutego I was simultaneously watching Tetsuo: The Iron Man. They're almost the same length, pretty nice.
>>
>>60920511
>not starting with absolutego
>not marathoning it with dopesmoker
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.