[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remind me why he got a record deal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: JUST.jpg (749 KB, 1340x1006) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
749 KB, 1340x1006
Remind me why he got a record deal?
>>
he used to be decent
>>
whats his most patrician album
>>
Jezus fucking Christ Marylin Manson looks like hell
>>
he was marketable
>>
There was a time in the 90s when being an edgelord was still shocking and not embarrassing.
>>
Because he was legitimately genius, up until after holywood. I thought we all knew this
>>
>>60915597
Because of Trent Reznor.
>>
Antichrist Superstar is an easy 8/10
>>
>>60915720
Edgy is never uncool, what it means to be edgy changes. Mocking Christianity these days isn't the same as it would be in the 90s when Christianity was a legitimately powerful societal force, instead of christianity we have hyper political correctness and "sjw's" those on the cutting edge these days would be people like Milo Yiannopoulos, Shia Labeoufor, and music like Death Grips
>>
>>60915898
>we

We are not you.

>genius

He made garbage tier nu-metal. Not even fun nu-metal, it was just really bad.
>>
>>60915934
this.
>>
>>60915999
manson was never nu metal, antichrist superstar was an industrial rock album similar to the downward spiral mixed with alice cooper and the doors. and what do you mean by "fun"? circus music or something?
>>
>there are kids in my college that thinks he's hardcore
>>
>>60916057
wasn't he? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9hav-3J9E
>>
>>60915597
>Marilyn Manson interviewed Trent Reznor when he was a journalist and gave him a demo tape
>Trent Reznor hated his record company (TVT) who refused to release his new material (Broken) unless is sounded just like Pretty Hate Machine.
>After public battles and threats of suing from both parties, TVT sold NIN to Interscope
>Trent demanded that he could have his own vanity label (Nothing Records) that ensures that he would have complete creative control over his own work and he wouldn't have these issues again
>Now that Trent had his own label, he figures he might as well sign some other artists
>Signs Marilyn Manson
>Produces his first few records
>Takes him on tour with NIN
>MM becomes huge
>>
>>60916045
GAoG was pretty nu
>>
>>60916101
>While Trent Reznor makes almost 100 million dollars in the process of 20 years
>>
>>60916128
When we're talking about Marilyn Manson I just like to forget anything after Holywood exists, like that doesn't count.
>>
>>60916153
>anything after trent reznor stopped producing

fify
>>
>>60915597
Because he received 2015 Loudwire #1 song, and #34 overall album of 2015.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.