[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Jam Band does /mu/ choose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: greatful-dead-vs-phish-805-p.jpg (43 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
greatful-dead-vs-phish-805-p.jpg
43 KB, 200x200
Grateful Dead? Phish? Other? Why?
>inb4 none, all jam bands suck
>>
Grateful Dead. Also, there's nothing wrong with jam bands but I wish the people who go to lots of festivals would shut up about them. I can't tell the difference between Lettuce and Umphrey's McGee and Government Mule and neither can you.
>>
>>60911138
Both are terrible.
>>
The best jam band is Twiddle.
if you disagree you're both wrong AND a fag.
STS9 is a close second.
>>
File: VistaPoint.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
VistaPoint.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Is Yawning Man a jam band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4e5ySJVNic
>>
>>60911138
CAN
>>
disco biscuits
>>
>>60911374
i've seen a 45 min festival set from twiddle that was a lot of fun but I wanna see them headline a show before I jump to any conclusions.
>>
Grateful Dead, but I like Phish too.
>>
i like how phish covers other band's albums in full but other than that i like the dead more
>>
>>60911138
Grateful Dead because Jerry Garcia AND they can actually write good songs too. Other jambands just aren't that versatile. The same band that could jam on St. Stephen/The Eleven/Lovelight for 30 minutes could also write albums worth of really fucking great songs
>>
>>60911138
Grateful Dead easily. They're the only jam band I like.
>>
>>60912066
This. The Dead don't get enough credit for some of their studio albums.
>>
Is there that much of a difference between The Dead and Phish besides the lack of Jerry Garcia?
>>
Grateful Dead and Phish are the GOATs. The rest are lower.

>>60911374
>liking a grade C Phish rip off
kek

>>60911416
Another acceptable answer.

>>60912126
Yes. A lot of differences actually.
>>
>>60912126
Phish have a very wide range of influences and try to be as versatile as possible, mostly jazz fusion and funk, while The Dead have a deep rooting in rock and roll, blues, and american folk music; I.E. you'll never hear Phish playing a country/straight rock and roll sounding song
>>
Even though they had more than their fair share of duds, The Grateful Dead had a lot of actual good albums and Jerry Garcia is legitimately a great and versatile musician.
Even if I don't listen to them a lot, The Grateful Dead are the only jam band I really respect.
>>
Phish is one of my favorite bands. Listen to this for a while at the 1:44:25 mark for some great dark ambient stuff:
https://youtu.be/AFwQmhogXW4?t=1h44m22s
>>
>>60912277
>hasn't heard their bluegrass acoustic songs.
>>
>>60912327
Garcia's first solo album is GOAT
>>
>>60911138
all jam bands suck
>>
I love em both. Dead always are number one, but the nice thing about phish is that they still tour and still kick ass.
>>
Can is the best Jam band.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.