[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do you get friends into music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
title, all my friends either listen to radio or nothing but reddit-tier like black keys or queen
>>
>>60904033
You can't, and shouldn't try. It's a hobby and not something you should impose on other people. If you play music around them just try to make sure it's at least somewhat accessible.
>>
>>60904033
get new friends or accept thats the shit they like
>>
If their not coming to you asking for recs I think you should just fuck off desu
>>
thanks mu im enlightened to these facts now
>>
OP here, yes i know its autistic to try to get people into it, but one of them has 150 vinyl copies but refuses to listen to anything besides said reddit tier. its frustrating.
>>
>>60904033
You don't and you will be a try-hard asshat if you insist.
>>
The problem is that my friends are all into music but don't know a think about musique.
>>
Learn what their tastes are and try to expand upon those. They have to be willing though.
>>
Kind of Blue
>>
op, if you post on /mu/, chances are your tastes are worse than the black keys and queen(ie meme rap and beta indie) so you'd probably just annoy them with your shitty musical tastes and they won't want to be your friend anymore.
>>
>>60904288
People like what they like. If you want to get him into new music, show him some stuff you think he might like. Don't try to convince him to agree with your opinions, just try to show him some of the other stuff that's out there if he's open to it. If he's not interested then just move on with your life.
>>
>>60904371
sounds more like reddit to me
>>
Sounds like they're in to music, just not music that you like. Maybe you should be listening to the Black Keys and Queen? Who's to say that one of your tastes is right>
>>
Try being black, I think it makes people value your opinion more for some reason. I've played both Acid Rap and PiƱata for my white friends, as now they absolutely suck Chance's and Gibbs' dicks. Fuck, they haven't even heard of Yes, it's easy to do OP, just have good taste.
>>
>>60904462
im not saying black keys and queen are bad but if you listen exclusively to them youre not really into music
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.