[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we save rock music, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: music-rock_00312460.jpg (424 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
music-rock_00312460.jpg
424 KB, 1920x1080
How do we save rock music, /mu/?
>>
It's doing pretty well as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>60901847
or is it???
>>
File: dave-grohl.jpg (150 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
dave-grohl.jpg
150 KB, 1280x960
Leave it to me.
>>
>>60901980
This t b h f a m
>>
>>60901980
The foo fighters are terrible
>>
Initiate fourth wave post-rock.
>>
>>60901801
You've no idea how glad I am that they haven't lumped Pink Floyd in with all that shit
>>
>>60901801
do your bit by not pretending to like shitty ape music like young thug and crap pop music like justin bieber.
>>
>>60901801
>Kiss
>Guns N Roses
I don't know OP... I think music has always had its ups and downs.
>>
>>60901801
>lostprophets
hahahahahaha
>>
>>60902232
this

rock music's in no worse a state than it was in the late 80s early 90s
>>
>>60902261
yeah it is. there is no new big rock bands and ther is nothing innovative going on. kids don't like rock. this generation is overly pc.
>>
>>60902281
that's a problem with the people, not the music
>>
>>60902281
In this decade, Arcade Fire, Vampire Weekend, and Courtney Barnett have all received enormous critical acclaim. And if you go back to the 2000s, there was a huge rock revival, led by The Strokes, Queens of the Stone Age, Wilco, The White Stripes, etc.
>>
>>60902281
Eh, but both rock and indie rock have become a big monopoly. I bet 90% of kids are still listening to The Beatls, Nirvana, Pink Floyd or whatever bands they see on t-shirts. Who knows. As Neil Young said Rock n' Roll will never die. What even is rock anymore? By the 70s the line between rock and art was so blurred. Then Prince and Talking Heads happened.
>>
>>60902211
>prodigy
>shit

wrong
>>
Can anyone recommend me some albums that sound like Franz Ferdinand first album?
>>
>>60901801
This is such a weird image, it mixes few classic bands with some absolute shit ones
>>
>>60901801
It's all good man just learn that there's intelligent edm and a good chunk of the rock world has abandoned it for electronic stuff.
>>
I think the way to save it is to make it interesting again. The only rock I really listen to anymore is progressive stuff and post rock. Not that everything needs to be long and abstract but rock today is stale imo
>>
>>60902575

early mando diao perhaps
>>
>>60902187
NO! HE CAN SING WITH A BROKEN LEG! I BET YOU CAN'T DO THAT!
>>
>>60901801
Modern metal is more interesting than modern rock
>>
if there was a new scene of post-punk bands inspired by the weird, noisy funky side of it instead of the 6 billion television/joy division clones we had in the 2000's, that would definitely bring rock back to the forefront
>>
>>60901801

The chance for anything resembling classic rock bands like The Doors or Zeppelin went right out the window when the wonder of the 60's and 70's ended.

After listening to The Black Keys I feel like they're probably one of the hopes for modern rock today, I ignored them for a long time but after hearing Dan Auerbach's solo stuff I decided to get in to them and like most rock bands of legend and old, their early stuff is very grounded in blues and later in their discography they begin to experiment and form a different noise.
>>
>>60901801
But some of these are EDM.
>>
>>60902281
You talk like it's a bad thing.
>>
most of those bands are cheeks

punk is cheeks too
>>
Get the niggers that make neosoul to revive prog rock. It's almost the same thing at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought it back to the mainstream.
>>
>>60902281
Depends on what you are looking for. In the underground it's doing just fine.
>>
>>60901801
You can help save it by supporting the north England art-rock scene. They're the ones doing something innovative and new while keeping a classic approach to production etc. by integrating new wave and avant-garde elements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ9fj5I5Za0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZasJW5q4L2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32wougaHHcg
>>
>>60903655
I agree.
>>
>>60905133
Thanks for the heads up!
>>
File: fob.jpg (225 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
fob.jpg
225 KB, 1280x1280
Everybody go home, these guys did it.
>>
>>60901801
>The Killers
>>
>>60901801
>How do we save rock music, /mu/?
1-kickstarter
2-filter by rock bands that didnt got all their money yet
3-order by how close the project is
4-pay just the amount of money needed to make the band susceed their kickstarter canmaping (if they ask less money than they need its their fault), if the band say on their profile the amount they asked is less then they need and they will get money other way too, dont back this band.
5-go back to 1

extra rules:
1-Dont give money to the band, if the name of the band is the name of one of the band members
2-dont give money to solo artists, unless its a true solo, with that I mean the guy compose his stuff and play every single instrument needed to make his songs happen (at same time), so he dont need anyone else to play live
3-dont give money to bands that are saying they will save the music world or something like that
4-dont give money to post-grunge or nu-metal bands, just to be safe
>>
>>60901801
turn it psychedelic
>>
>>60902232
>still thinking GnR is bad
>>
this is why i only listen to classic rock where only the good stuffs remains and the bad stuffs are forgotten
>>
>>60906548
but they are bad

bunch of queers glorified by the media stating they are 'different' than the glam scene when in fact its all the same
>>
File: 207___GTpvTC8.jpg (30 KB, 480x575) Image search: [Google]
207___GTpvTC8.jpg
30 KB, 480x575
We need to make blacktail popular like Hair metal was in the 80s
>tfw no qt black metal gf
>>
>>60906927
>black metal
I FUCKING HATE AUTO CORRECT
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.