[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do people who live alone, isolated from society all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: R-487193-1121877458.jpg.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
R-487193-1121877458.jpg.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
What do people who live alone, isolated from society all the time listen to?
>>
Antarctica dark ambient
http://nanocyborg.net/index2.php
>>
File: homepage_large.1c2bb3eb.jpg (80 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.1c2bb3eb.jpg
80 KB, 319x319
>>60896107
>>
top 40
>>
>>60896130
go fuck yourself with flavor of the month shit.
>>
Ambient
>>
>>60896180
>liturgy
>flavor of the month
hey
>>
nothing. my brother is like that and he doesn't like music, he doesn't do a lot of anything else either.
>>
kpop
>>
>>60896193
what does he do?
>>
File: ZIQ111_vsnares.jpg (273 KB, 1430x1417) Image search: [Google]
ZIQ111_vsnares.jpg
273 KB, 1430x1417
Hello.
>>
bird chirping, rain drops, crickets or some shit.
>>
File: cover.jpg (517 KB, 800x802) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
517 KB, 800x802
>>60896365
>mediocre venetian snares album
step up nigga
>>
i've found the music i write myself fits the feeling better than nearly any other artist.
>>
>>60896107

so you mean all /mu/ user?
>>
>>
>>60896577
lol
>>
File: striborg_solitude.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
striborg_solitude.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
>>
>>60896365
>>60896460
Both some of the best VS, but Winter definitely wins.
>>
>>60896107
the Pope's new album
>>
>>60896251
i'm not sure. he stays in room mostly. sometimes i see him staring at the ceiling blankly. i think he plays some computer games. parents sort of neglected helping him with his problems and just let him play games. they enable him to not do anything and there's the result. i've talked to him and he doesn't know what to do with life. suffers from some form of autism, i bet he is depressed too. what can i do /mu/? when even music doesn't interest him. it pretty much saved me and i've always enjoyed it
>>
>>60897519
well, he sounds just like me, except music is what I generally devote my time doing. I wouldn't even call it a devotion, it's just the one thing which I feel gives my life some sense of richness. It's like, even though I may be nobody and I do absolutely nothing all the time, somewhere in some obscure corner of the world there's someone who understands how I feel through the connection of music.
>>
>>60897585
i know that feel even though i'm not reclusive like you guys. my brother truly is a hikikomori. mom does all the shopping and stuff, he doesn't leave the house for months sometimes. i wish i could recommend him some music but i don't even know where to start. i mean, he doesn't seem like he know a lot about what's going on in the world. a lot of references and connotations in music might gp unnoticed, if he'd even enjoy it
>>
>>60897618
Idk, if you're recommending him music that references the world, maybe you should try some internally focused music. Stuff that has vague meanings, like slint, or show him joy division maybe?
>>
>>60897679
or maybe some nice noise like yellow swans
>>
>>60897679
i like slint and havr been into joy division since my teens but idk, i don't just see my brother enjoying it.. i don't even know how proficient he is in english as it's not our mother tongue. i might be underestimating his skills maybe. also this is someone not accustomed to music at all.
>>
>>60897715
holy shit I was just listening to yellow swans. I was literally about to recommend that too. but I shortened it to joy division and slint. maybe godspeed you! black emperor too.
>>
>>60897731
hmm, I don't really know what to tell you then. you do kind of have to be accustomed to music to appreciate this stuff, I guess.
>>
>>60897750
yeah. i might have to ask him again about his preferences during christmas holidays. i mean he must like some game music at least. but this is an interesting topic so please continue the discussion if you wish - what to recommend a total music noob who doesn't even know top 40
>>
>>60896107
ritual ambient, dark ambient, neofolk, industrial
>>
File: cover.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
>>
Dungeon synth
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.