[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It was a perfect discography until this POS showed up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 81352.jpg (104 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
81352.jpg
104 KB, 953x953
It was a perfect discography until this POS showed up.
>>
If Loaded didn't exist, TVU would be one of the only bands to have their discography get better as it goes on.
>>
But s/t only had one good song and TVU&N and WL/WH both had weak tracks.
>>
File: Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg (9 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Velvet_Underground_and_Nico.jpg
9 KB, 350x350
>>60888120

It was fucked from the beginning.
>>
>>60888174
>S/T only had one good song
>anything from WL/WH is bad

No.
>>
>implying Loaded isn't a perfect pop album
>implying Loaded isn't better than VU
>>
>>60888225
>>60888174
>waah where are the loud guitars

Daily reminder that TVUAN is their worst.
>>
>>60888238
Who the fuck are you quoting
>>
>>60888238
>implying Loaded has loud guitars
Cool argument.
VU is good but it's the awkward growing stage between WL/WH and Loaded. There are good pop songs on there but not as fleshed out or as good as on Loaded. All the little experiments that pop up on VU also fail for the most part.
>>
>>60888161
they literally got worse with every album

TV&N > WL/WH >>>> VU > L
>>
>>60888582
>it's better because it's noisy

Fuck you.
>>
White Light/White Heat > The Velvet Underground & Nico > Loaded > The Velvet Underground
>>
>>60888120
>>60888174
>>60888175
>>60888582
You're all filthy plebs.
>>
Wait, people don't like this album? Why the fuck not? It's not Velvet Underground, but it's a fantastic pop album with incredibly well written songs. The production's well done, and the whole time there's this cynical VU undercurrent.

>if you don't like this album then you don't really get VU t bh.
>>
>>60888823
It's got one great song and two good songs. I don't even have to say which ones those are, everyone already knows. The rest is shitty hippy pop.
>>
>>60888120
Loaded is an incredible pop but for me it's the satire behind it.Songs like Rock N Roll and Train Round The Bend are favorites and incredible humoristic.
I don't get what's so good about VU ,maybe it's because it was the follow up to one of their most experimental.
VU&N=WL/WH>>>>Loaded>>VU
>>
>>60888120
From my understanding is that a lot of the prior few albums material existed in Lou's archives in some form or another prior to even forming the band well Loaded is when they started going into new material. So from a song writing standpoint there was a massive evolution because so much time had passed. This is also why they were so different from the other bands of the era because from an evolution standpoint they were a continuation of the pre Yardbirds and Hendrix sound musically.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.