[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Return of Chip Douglas is so a fucking great. Reminds me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
The Return of Chip Douglas is so a fucking great.

Reminds me of Leadbelly so much, if I learn blues will I be able to make songs about how much of a fucking loser I am and how I get by in life? Sign me the fuck up!
>>
File: 1428800444065.png (18 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
1428800444065.png
18 KB, 509x411
I don't even know what these threads mean anymore. I honestly don't.
>>
Is this /mu/'s equivalent to Baneposting?
>>
Z E R O
E
R
O
>>
I mean, OP is probably memeing, but I genuinely enjoy this album. Sure the riffs are "simple", but so are riffs from truly great rock records. The hate on Cudi is probably mostly racists trying to decry rock music made by a "nigga". Anyways, Chip Douglas is good, but my favorite track is Adventures, with the cool opening metal riff and the desolated sounding verses. Cudi needs to keep on this rock stuff, will end up making some cool, grungy albums like In Utero hopefully.
>>
You people must be out of your fucking minds if you think this piece of shit is remotely listenable.

And no it's not a meme to hate this album because this album is truly terrible.
>>
>>60887701

I'm not trolling, I know the second sentence comes off as sarcastic but I'm not. I genuinely enjoy the blues riffs and the lyrics just hit so close to home and I honestly haven't felt this way since listening to Leadbelly and a few Nirvana songs
>>
This album is just shit and should not be memed. I don't fuck with bottom of the barrel lyrics or shitty production, and this album has both fuck this album and fuck Cudi stans trying to defend it.
>>
I think some tracks (embers, adventures, handle with care) triumph as a return to genuine introspection from cudi
>>
mu hates anything thats universally loved and loves anything thats universally hated.
>>
>>60888651
Bullshit.
>>
the fuck is up with that album cover
>>
quite an interesting thing i noticed, this album actually fits into the Man On The Moon narrative, you notice at the beginning of the album you hear a rocket rumble and a tape being played...he is also releasing this album on tape (for this exact reason i presume)...the narrative follows that after returning to the moon in Sattelite Flight he flies somewhere playing this album while at the end of SB2H he crashes (where he crashes im not sure)
>>
>>60888671
its really not though
>>
>>60888651
Are you serious? Have you seen /mu/core? Every one of those fucking albums are critically acclaimed albums. If anything /mu/ is very non-contrarian and all drone around the same reviewers and p4k.
>>
>>60888934
critically acclaimed by hipster music snobs. Go ask any normie about a mucore album and they wont even have heard of it. "mu is very non contrarian" fuck out of here.
>>
>>60888997
>radiohead
>kanye west
>my bloody valentine

Nah, you're a cunt.
>>
>>60888997
Yeah look at that. Look how much a non-normie site like Rolling Stones hates Trout Mask Replica

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/500-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120531/captain-beefheart-and-his-magic-band-trout-mask-replica-20120524
>>
this will be his pinkerton
>>
>>60889044
Nah, for that, he would have to make a Blue Album first.
>>
>>60889013
mu shits on both kanye and radiohead on a daily fuckin basis bitch boy
>>
>>60889043
The argument was mu hates things that are universally loves. Not one normie person you ask on the street will know what TMR is
>>
>>60889043
as if rolling stones opinion means anything in any way shape or form
>>
>>60887588
>The Return of Chip Douglas is so a fucking great.
Is he referencing the producer of The Turtles and The Monkees?
>>
>>60887701
>taking the retard meme too seriously
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.