[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Swans.jpg (86 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Swans.jpg
86 KB, 1000x500
Now that the dust has settled.
>>
The Seer >>>> TBK
>>
memedog over memebaby
>>
Both 9/10s
>>
The Seer. Damn those colors look great together
>>
>>60880053
Both shitty albums, The Seer has the better album cover
>>
seer is pretty bad
tbk is an 8/10
>>
>>60880053
Tbk 9,5/10
Seer 9/10

2bh im0
>>
>>60880053
TBK > The Seer
>>
>>60880053
TBK is 9.5 out of 10. Never listened to the seer
>>
File: 1443282681421.jpg (18 KB, 282x276) Image search: [Google]
1443282681421.jpg
18 KB, 282x276
>>60880156
in time you will regret this
the seer is much more relistenable, interesting and atmospheric
>>
The Seer. I feel like Congelton's production takes away all the grit from their music.
>>
>>60880215
I will listen to it again now, I've listened to seer maybe 4 or 5 times and tbk a dozen and saw it played on tour. Honestly tbk was much more memorable, may just be my preference in music, I enjoy the hypnotic repetitiveness of tbk.
>>
fug, both great.

I'll choose the seer mostly because 2012 was a fucking magical year for me.
>>
Fucking rockin vocals on TBK. 9/10
The Seer is 8/10 for me
>>
The Seer was a step forward for Swans. An experiment with different sounds with a progressive, almost Kayo Dot-esque twist. It felt like they were exploring new territory and making genuinely great, intricate music in the process.

To Be Kind was like an over-produced, clinical, drawn out version of what they were doing twenty years earlier.

No contest.
>>
>>60880268
If anything The Seer is more psychedelic and hypnotic experience. I love TBK and own both but The Seer feels like a ritual.
>I see it all I see it all I see it all I see it all I see it all I see it all I see it all I see it all I see it all I see it all I see it all
>>
>>60880421
could just be mental associations: The Seer came out at a bad part of my life while TBK was released during a relatively good year. I still like TBK more though
>>
File: tmp_734-piero01525008063.jpg (12 KB, 378x468) Image search: [Google]
tmp_734-piero01525008063.jpg
12 KB, 378x468
The seer - 6
To be kind - 6.5
Upcoming album - 5.5
>>
>>60880912
Frankie M, Cloud of Unforming/Unknowing and ASSHOLE MAN make it at least a 7 already
>>
Tbk 2bh
>>
the seer because TBK isn't as good.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.