[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post you're favourite rym users pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9
post you're favourite rym users pic related
>>
File: rym.png (56 KB, 792x470) Image search: [Google]
rym.png
56 KB, 792x470
>>
File: thecrystalbird.png (156 KB, 1285x552) Image search: [Google]
thecrystalbird.png
156 KB, 1285x552
>>
File: thecrystalbird2.png (27 KB, 1297x621) Image search: [Google]
thecrystalbird2.png
27 KB, 1297x621
>>60879733
>>
This morning, precisely at 6 AM, I forced myself out of a lofty perch amidst warm covers and into the cool morning air. I had decided the night before, and I was resolute, that I would go for an early morning run. So I quietly laced up, donned a sweatshirt, inhaled a glass of water, and was on my way into the misty morning darkness.

The previous night, I'd given the soundtrack to my excursion plenty of forethought. I'd need something atmospheric, exquisite, and thrilling... something that encapsulated the early morning campus ambiance in all of its chilling glory. Filth would be the perfect sort of music for my intents and I decided to give Swans another shot.

I was blown away. Speechless. The record is immaculate. Eerie, foreboding, gloomy, magnificent, monolithic. Massive. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect soundtrack to my trek across the campus ground, and I really can't quite explain why. Words evade me, and I can only hope you would have the same experience some day.

As I approached the end of my route, I acted on impulse and backtracked to the bluffside in hopes of catching the sunrise. I sat on a lonely column of rock high above the ocean waves and rested, digesting what had just transpired. As I waited for the first sign of that fiery ball of hydrogen and helium on the horizon, deep in contemplation, a lone dolphin fin arched up above the swells. It was fucking beautiful. This is the kind of shit that people give God credit for. This is what creates religious nuts.

My catacean friend quickly disappeared along the coast, and as it bid me adieu, the sun had just began to shine on my infinitesimal self. The skyline was beautiful on fire, a blaze of orange, purple, and blue. I sat in silent awe for some time.

...my soundtrack had long since concluded, and it was high time I found my way home to a hot shower.
>>
File: thecrystalbird3.png (48 KB, 1341x614) Image search: [Google]
thecrystalbird3.png
48 KB, 1341x614
>>60879753
>>
>>60879643
can you post the actual text that could be top-tier pasta
>>
File: thecrystalbird4.png (71 KB, 1283x595) Image search: [Google]
thecrystalbird4.png
71 KB, 1283x595
>>60879783
>>
File: image.png (130 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
130 KB, 640x1136
>>60879643
Decibelle
Soleis
Finulanu
Zephos
and pic
>>
File: 1431030449967.jpg (12 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1431030449967.jpg
12 KB, 258x245
>>60879783
>the video's gone
>>
>>60879733

i don't get the "they/them" pronouns thing; makes it sound like they've got multiple personalities.
>>
>>60879802
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're wrong. Helloween played power metal already in 1982 and they invented the genre. Also, Fates Warning has never played power metal even for one second. USPM has nothing to do with the genre 'power metal'. USPM is a sub-genre of heavy metal. Please don't call me 'a poser' when you clearly know nothing about metal.

You are as wrong as anyone can be. I don't even understand why I'm wasting my time replying to someone as ignorant as you. When did I say that Fates Warning are not technical? Technical doesn't equal power metal. All Helloween's albums - including Walls of Jericho - are power metal albums. Helloween was the very first band in the whole world to play power metal, since they invented the genre. Of course Walls of Jericho is rougher and more thrash metal/speed metal influenced than Keeper albums, but it's still power metal. Fates Warning has nothing to do with power metal, because US power metal is not power metal at all. It's a sub-genre of heavy metal. I don't understand why I have to repeat myself. Please don't reply to me anymore. I don't need anyone lecturing me about the genre I know better than anyone else on this planet.
>>
>>60879762
fucking beautiful
>>
>>60879929
>I don't need anyone lecturing me about the genre I know better than anyone else on this planet.
A trve historian
>>
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're wrong. Wolves in the Throne Room played blackgaze already in 2004 and they invented the genre. Also, Deafheaven has never played black metal even for one second. USBM has nothing to do with the genre 'black metal'. USBM is a sub-genre of post-rock. Please don't call me 'a poser' when you clearly know nothing about metal.

You are as wrong as anyone can be. I don't even understand why I'm wasting my time replying to someone as ignorant as you. When did I say that Deafheaven are not tremolocore? Tremolocore doesn't equal black metal. All Alcest's albums - including Les Voyages de L'Ame - are blackgaze albums. Alcest was the very first band in the whole world to play blackgaze, since they invented the genre. Of course Souvenirs is shinier and more post-rock/shoegaze influenced than Ecailles de Lune, but it's still blackgaze. Deafheaven has nothing to do with blackgaze, because US black metal is not black metal at all. It's a sub-genre of post-rock I don't understand why I have to repeat myself. Please don't reply to me anymore. I don't need anyone lecturing me about the genre I know better than anyone else on this planet.
>>
>>60879852
nah it's that they don't want to be called he or she. Something in between. It's been used for a pretty long time actually. I don't mind it, it's nice to do for someone. But, if some people treat it like a criminal offense when you don't and it's infuriating.
>>
>>60879643
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.