[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is better than Souvlaki. Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Just_For_a_Day.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Just_For_a_Day.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
This is better than Souvlaki. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>60879034
you're right, but I can see why some songs turn people away from the album
>>
It's pretty boring and uninspired desu
>>
I used to think that when I started to listen to them, but when you really love Slowdive you'll realize Souvlaki is the best. (Just For A Day and Pygmalion are great too)
>>
>>60879078
I don't know. People always praised Souvlaki for being dreamy and nice but I found Just for a Day to be a lot better at it. You could just get lost in a lot of the songs in here and Souvlaki never really did that for me.
>>
File: 1280x1280.jpg (41 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1280x1280.jpg
41 KB, 1280x1280
but this is better then both
>>
>>60879358
Why is that
>>
>>60879411
Agreed. Rutti, Crazy For Your and Blue Skied An' Clear are the standouts for me
>>
>>60879034
little known fact:the album cover is a woman in a dress spinning

>>60879411
nah it's good though
>>
It's literally worse than everything else they released. I mean Souvlaki and especially Pygmalion are clearly better, but so is every single EP they ever put out.

JFAD is a boring wash of nothing noise and pretty much everything that puts people off shoegaze/ dream pop in the first place. And the only good song on it was on one of their EPs anyway
>>
>>60879034
I'm only listening to them because they come close to the cocteau twins, and souvlaki is as close as they get.
>>
pygmalion > souvlaki > just for a day
theyre all good tho
>>
>>60879034
I love the guitar sound on this album, had to buy that Fx 500 because I also wanted that synth-like sound.
>>60879395
I also like it more because I enjoy to get lost in the dreamy atmospheres, but Souvlaki would be my favourite if they didn't end almost every song with a fade out, I hate how they cut off the best parts of Alison and 40 Days. >>60879411
It's definitely more interesting musically but I like shoegaze so I don't mind if their early stuff is a bit monotonous
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwUdO2B9x1U
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CczmMDvQDa0
>>
souvlaki > all
>>
>>60881717
>>60881822
Melon Yellow is one of their best tracks in my opinion but it goes completely overlooked usually
>>
>>60879576
Wow that's really obvious now that you say it but I wouldn't have picked it out otherwise
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.