[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: $_20.jpg (82 KB, 800x548) Image search: [Google]
$_20.jpg
82 KB, 800x548
What good shows have you guys been to recently? Or bad shows? Or shows you're looking forward to? Talk about shows.

I saw Car Seat Headrest last night and that was pretty rad.
>>
>>60877160
Bump

Does anyone go see live music at all
>>
Does anyone even leave their house then?
>>
>>60877160
did you see NE-HI open?
>>
Last show I went to was Autechre in Chicago. Incredible show and the entire was getting into it.
>>60877277
>>60877511
Them digits
>>
>>60877535
Yeah I did! I hadn't ever heard of them before the show but they kicked ass.
>>
>>60877511
i walked my dog today desu
>>
File: nehi.jpg (175 KB, 959x960) Image search: [Google]
nehi.jpg
175 KB, 959x960
>>60877565
yeah theyre awesome their record is really good too
>>
>>60877550
How do you pronounce Autechre? I've been saying it like aw-teshra but I feel like that's probably wrong.
>>
>>60877603
I was thinking about buying that at the show but then bought beers and a CSHR tape instead
>>
>>60877606
aw-teck-er i think
>>
>>60877160
Ayyyyyyy I would kill to go to a CSH show
>>
Animal Collective literally just announced the tour today. Are their shows worth it?
>>
I'm going to see Deafheaven in Madrid in March. Shit's conna be so rad
>>
>>60877606
>>60878575
This way
>>
Went to see Mikey Ergg and the girl from Chumped the other night.

Going to see The World Is tonight.
>>
>>60878667
i saw him in chicago and it was just okay
>>
Saw Health recently and it was very good, loud as fuck too. Before that I saw The Weeknd. Also good.

Only thing I've got planned next is Napalm Death/Melvins/Melt-Banana, I haven't been really exhausted after a show in a while, it'll be fun to get moving
>>
>>60878788
Melt banana is sick as fuck, you're gonna love them
>>
>>60878849

I'm especially excited to see them, missed their show last time they came here because I was too slow buying tickets. It was apparently just a duo performance but I wonder if they'll have a full band this time around.
>>
My band is playing next week.

It'll probably be shitty.
>>
>>60879041
Whatcha play
>>
>>60879077
In that band, bass
>>
>>60879099
What does the band play as a whole?
>>
>>60879186
We kinda sound like Can meets The Sugarcubes.
>>
>>60879313
Any links to some tunes?
>>
File: 1419574638470.gif (491 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1419574638470.gif
491 KB, 500x358
Going to Sunn O))) in a few months

will it be good?
>>
>>60880557
None that I am allowed to post. They don't want me spamming it here and making an association with 4chan. Sorry.

I have never seen us mentioned here though.
>>
Caught a show on Protest The Hero's Kieza tour on thursday.

Mandroid echostar played some new music that night and said that morning they got an e-mail confirming their new album was set to release early next year.

The levels of hype the entire show had was unreal
>>
>>60880598
>they mentioned us on 4chan
> we're done with the band
Lame
>>
>>60880841
Would you want to be a known racist?

No thanks.
>>
>>60880598
a random fan of your band on the internet could be posting it though
>>
>>60880949
Well I just specifically stated I was in the band.
>>
Anyone going to see The world is in Brooklyn tonight?
>>
>>60880586
surely it will be cool, those guys do interesting stuff, imo.

Recently i've been to cattle decap/cannibal corpse and both bands played great shows and seemed like they really enjoyed, as did the audience. I went to see YOB a few months back and it was also an amazing show. would recommend all those bands.
>>
File: 1355434237631.png (404 KB, 631x627) Image search: [Google]
1355434237631.png
404 KB, 631x627
>paying money to stand around drinking $8 beers while the band desecrates their own music
Oh, but let me guess, you like the "energy" live music has (ie. it sounds worse and a bunch of sweaty hipsters keep bumping into you).
>>
>>60881399

No I suffer from extreme social anxiety and could never go to a live music event, I'd spend the entire time looking down at the floor, never making eye contact and flinching whenever anybody brushes up against me.
>>
>>60881399
How's your mom's basement treating you today?
>>
>>60881399
lol
>>
i was at an EP release for black metal band Slægt on saturday, some guy on /mu/ mentioned going to it as well. I'm gonna see some thrash later on this month (Destroyer/Artillery) but otherwise got nothing planned.

this year's been a good year for shows for me, got to see a bunch of acts i thought i'd never see because of where i live (james chance, the sonics, arthur brown) and got more into a few artists from enjoying their shows. (earth, manuel göttsching, robert rich, guitar wolf)
>>
I rarely go to shows, but recently I saw Godspeed You Black Emperor, and really enjoyed it, very dreamy.
Looking forward to Kodo next month. Seen em once already a few years ago, and it was pretty expensive, but it was worth every penny, I got the most expensive seats this time.
>>
I saw Sleater-Kinney on Saturday and they were fantastic. I wasn't a big fan of their new album but the cuts they played from it sounded great live.
>>
I've been to a Golden Earring concert recently, they where still very good, and I've got tickets for coldplay in the ArenA in Amsterdam this summer
>>
>>60880586
saw them 3 weeks ago, best concert ive been to, its all about the vibrations
>>
Saw Porches and Mitski a few days ago, it was cool
>>
I went to my very first gig this September (Peter Hook and the Light). I went on to see him another 3 times (one was for when he performed both Joy Division albums back to back which was one of the best nights of my life, the other 3 were for when he did New Order's Brotherhood and Low Life back to back. They're both my favourite NO albums so sue me, I enjoyed the fuck out of every show).

Asian Kung-Fu Generation and Chvrches in November. Going to see Chameleons Vox next week.

AKFG was fun because they played a lot of their older hits, and I've kind of stopped listening to them recently, so it was a bit of a nostalgia bomb.

Hooky has kind of spoiled me though, because each of his shows are like 2 and a half hours. Chvrches played for just over an hour, so it felt a little short in comparison.
>>
File: 8.jpg (98 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
98 KB, 480x720
Gonna see Joanna Newsom in like two hours in 20 minutes
>>
>>60877160
Yo Philly bro, I was there too. Good show but imo the crowd was a bummer. Like, why even go if you're just gonna stand 8 feet back from the stage with your arms crossed?

Are you the guy that made my friend clap before the encore? If you are I had you pegged for a /mu/tant as soon as I saw you
>>
>>60877160
I saw TTNG, Foxing, and The World Is A Beautiful Place in Grand Rapids.
Foxing fucking killed it. They were amazing. TTNG was such a surprise, the singer was funny and I hadn't listened to them that much prior to the concert.
TWIABP was fucking awful. They didn't say anything, they yelled at the audience to quiet down, they played the most uninspired set. I actually walked out before they were done. First time I've ever done that, they sucked. Then a couple days later they tweeted about how shitty the crowd was at the show I was at. I still like the band, but damn I was disappointed.
>>
>>60879041
Jeez I hope your mood improves before your show
>>
>>60878712
Chumped was great when I saw them with AJJ and Jeff Rosenstock and co.
The World Is was a complete disappointment. (see>>60883151) I hope its better for you
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.