[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there such a thing as a "natural born patrician"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1449316789707.png (103 KB, 1437x908) Image search: [Google]
1449316789707.png
103 KB, 1437x908
Is there such a thing as a "natural born patrician" or does a superior taste in music only come via actively seeking the avant-garde.
>>
There is both a nurture and nature part to patriciandom. But, with enough perseverance and motivation, one can reach a level of patrician.
>>
via seeking imo unless ur parents blast avant garde hits on their player but i think what matters is the inborn quality in a person of whether they are curious by nature vs. not.
>>
>>60874976
A natural born patrician probably has to exist somewhere where pop radio doesnt exist, so they're few & far between.
>>
File: image.jpg (218 KB, 767x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218 KB, 767x1024
Probably being the child of a composer is the only way.

Also you aren't patrician if you only listen to obscure avant garde. You must understand its structure and context while using these ideas in your own music
>>
>>60874976
>This is what NEETS actually believe
>>
Patriciandom just like greatness is born into you by the grace of god. You'll never teach a mediocre mind
>>
File: 1421433288926.jpg (929 KB, 966x3054) Image search: [Google]
1421433288926.jpg
929 KB, 966x3054
>>60875030
spotted the wagekuck
>>
To be a true patrician one must simply listen to Oasis
>>
the only way to become a patrician is to smoke fentanyl off tin foil
>>
>>60875061
>people fall for this b8

amazing
>>
>>60875061
>insuring
lol I guess NEETs could use a bit more of one of those Es.
>>
>>60875080
this
>>
>>60875432
based anon
>>
>>60874976
>>60875061
If being incredibly delusional is the only thing keeping robots from killing themselves, eh I'm in no position to say they're doing anything wrong
>>
>>60874976
"Natural born patrician"

No.
You get your intial tastes from your parents and friends.
I was freinds with this girl and her sister told me green day was good.
I thus got really into green day at the age of 8.
>>
There are genetic components to being more adventurous in seeking experiences, so kind of there is.
>>
>>60875844
are you retarded?
>>
>>60875030
Are you saying striving to set new records for number of gaps in one day isn't self improvement?
>>
>>60875006
This. The actual acquisition of a taste that is considered "patrician" is something that you can only develop through actively seeking a wide and eclectic variety of music. But the desire and willpower that makes getting there easier may be something that only comes through congenital nature.
>>
this idea of patriciandom is wrapped up in the idea of "good taste"

good taste is something people can believe that you possess but it is no real thing at all

therefore, the key to good taste and therefore patriciandom is the ability to convince people that you possess good taste

therefore all you need to be is good at philosophy and argument to be a patrician and nothing else matters. you don't even need to have ears to be considered a patrician of music taste at the highest levels of sophistry
>>
>>60875886
faps not gaps
>>
>>60875983
how high are you desu

Sociological factors are way more important in the idea of good taste.
>>
>>60874976
I wish i could be as delusional as NEETs
>>
>>60875061
Kek that picture is so desperate
>>
I'd rather die than be a filthy NEET 2bh
>>
>>60875061
>claiming that being NEET gets you pussy
LITERALLY nothing is more unattractive to a woman
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.