[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“The butterscotch lamps along the walls of the tight city
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: kida.jpg (395 KB, 1274x1276) Image search: [Google]
kida.jpg
395 KB, 1274x1276
>“The butterscotch lamps along the walls of the tight city square bled upward into the cobalt sky, which seemed as strikingly artificial and perfect as a wizard’s cap.”

So, you guys consider a website that publishes something like this to be the preeminent authority on music?

Lol.
>>
Honestly I have to Google it every time I see this because I'm not sure what's real and what's just memes at this point. But it's real, it's all real and it was written 15 years ago and people still act like pitchfork has any fucking clue what they're doing. And Kid A is one of my favorite albums
>>
>>60873970
Brent the crescendo is a legit really good reviewer. He acknowledges the listening experience as largely abstract and entirely subjective, but still manages to express his thoughts about the music in an eloquent and satisfying way.
>>
>>60874095
AtmoShitter is a legit really good reviewer
>>
That was 15 years ago; Pitchfork then was run by young people who sometimes regretted what they wrote (see the 0.0 review for NYC Ghosts & Flowers, which the reviewer regretted afterwards — so much that he apologized to the band). Maybe they improved now. I hope so.

But in any case, trusting one single reviewer's opinion is even sillier than that review. There is no, and should be no "preeminent authority on music" — and the closest thing to it isn't a reviewer. If you don't have time to listen to everything you might be interested in, get several opinions at least.

I no longer follow Pitchfork reviews because I can find more than enough music I like without it (I did for a while but that often made me try indie pop/rock albums I didn't care much for). Some of the articles I've read on their website was solid though.
>>
>>60874265
*were
>>
>>60873970
That's the second worst p4k review of all time. The worst was written by the same guy: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/

Why this pretentious jizzrag was given free reign to spew his diarrhea all over the keyboard, I will never know.
>>
>>60874095
>eloquent and satisfying
lol no. this is the kind of shit that would get you C- in a community college writing course. it's clumsy and barely literate
>>
>Pitchfork
Only plebs will get this.
>>
>>60873970
It's a meme you dip
>>
>Shitfork
>>
>So, you guys consider a website that publishes something like this to be the preeminent authority on music?
No, I don't.
>>
>>60874371
shit cat was the worst p4k review of all time
>>
File: 1448498739397.gif (492 KB, 288x270) Image search: [Google]
1448498739397.gif
492 KB, 288x270
>>60873970
>>60874095
>Brent DiCrescenzo
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/7342-nyc-ghosts-flowers/
>>
>>60873970
>So, you guys consider a website that publishes something like this to be the preeminent authority on music?
I would never take seriously anyone who gives radiohead anything higher than a 7/10.
>>
>>60876100
I guess you will never take me seriously and I'm pretty sure I have better taste than you :^)
>>
>>60873970
naw
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 792x1008) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 792x1008
Ayy nice meme. <----Check out mine
>>
>>60874691
Not saying this dudes writing is good, but I don't think you've ever taken a community college writing course
This shit would be the best in the class. I did so many peer reviews with people with absolutely terrible writing skills and they were all pulling Bs and sometimes As.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.