[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ will never be able to appreciate this album because it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: AHFOD1000.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
AHFOD1000.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
/mu/ will never be able to appreciate this album because it's full of whiny faggots who don't like genuinely happy music
>>
File: welikepizza.jpg (86 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
welikepizza.jpg
86 KB, 400x400
>>60872270
shh, there's no benefit in being le poptimist who can apprecciate le happy pop music and nobody fucking cares, faggot. you heard it here first, but keep it secret.

anyway, when I want genuinely happy music that's also genuine art I listen to pic related, not fucking Coldplay.
>>
I like Coldplay but I think this album sucks
>>
Protip: happy music does not HAVE to be watered down bullshit
>>
Coldplay can make good music, but this isn't it.

Viva La Vida is their peak desu
>>
Fuck Coldplay ripping off BMTH
>>
>>60872367
this
>>
>>60872270
if you think Chris Martin can get Coldplay to make albums as good as when Eno was producing, you're as delusional as Chris
>>
>>60872319
Thanks for proving my point, whiny faggot
>>
were Jon Hopkins and Brian Eno involved in this one?
>>
>>60872355
This

Fucking AnCo is proof
>>
>>60872270

this is some water with sugar happy rock boo boo/10
>>
>>60872270
That's true, this album is full of whiny faggots who don't like genuinely happy music
>>
>>60872270

Is that a bring me the horizon album?
>>
>>60872367
woow dove really deep into their discography haven't you

inb4
>they're shit, so i don't have to listen to them to know they're shit, i just know, u pleeb
>>
>>60873298
/mu/ likes AnCo because it's gay
>>
>>60872270
>LE EPIC TRIPPY COLORFUL ALBUM COVER

ill pass
>>
>>60873956
/mu/ likes AnCo because they mix pop and experimental music in a way that's accessible and not all fucking depressing
>>
>>60874015
No, /mu/ likes AnCo because it's gay
>>
>>60872270
Their last three albums have gotten progressively worse. Viva La Vida / Prospekt's March has been their creative peak to date. They need Eno again. Chris Martin has gotten addicted to this forced-happiness no-conflict shallowness and it's really dull. Not to mention the production is radio-ready and bland as shit compared to their best work. It's unfortunate because I don't actually think their ability to write good songs has decreased at all, they've just got completely the wrong attitude and focus. The fact they don't make b-sides anymore is simple proof of this, they used to be some of their best songs.
>>
>>60873203
Jon Hopkins has been progressively distancing himself from the band over the last year in interviews saying how the sort of stuff they're aiming for isn't for him, I haven't read the production notes, but I doubt he's involved with this.

>tfw Midnight was literally Hopkins's 'Amphora' with a couple of extra synth lines and vocoded vocals recorded over it
>tfw the eerie bookending ambient synths were written/done entirely by one of the studio's producers
the best moments on Ghost Stories were made by other people
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb_7C1vMpRQ
>they will never make a song like this again
DROPPED
>>
>>60872270
Coldplay has some 10/10 early stuff.
Viva la vida, X&Y, ROBTTH, and parachutes were all amazing albums and deserve none of the hate they get.

This album is a pile of shit outside of up and up which has noel Gallagher on it.
>>
>>60872270
I liked it a lot
>>
>>60872367
Agreed. Mylo Xyloto was the beginning of the end. Haven't listened to the new album yet, hopefully it's better than the snoozer Ghost Stories.
>>
>>60873298
AnCo is depressing
>>
>>60875937
kek

some of it is decent but none of it is 10/10

their best album is robtth
>>
I think what pissed me off about Ghost Stories is that they were always planning on doing an upbeat album next, they always said so in interviews, and yet Chris Martin 'couldn't help' but put A Sky Full Of Stars on the former. He justified it by saying he thought the album would be too morose without at least one radio-friendly hit. And of course it's the most dull, sickly sweet, overproduced dross imaginable. So not only did they pretty much make a Chris Martin solo record where all the best moments were made by people outside the band, but he didn't even have the artistic conviction to stick to his concept and a consistent emotional thread.
>>
>>60872270
seen the music video with the monkeys, it made me laugh how they were listening to dre. beat speakers
>selling out this badly
>giving the music and kind of substance
>>
>>60876094
I haven't even seen it and I'm furious, AROBTTH-era "make trade fair, guiz" Coldplay would never have done this
>>
>>60875937

I agree with this anon. Coldplay have some fantastic albums, even up to Viva. This is embarrassing trash.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xfWCDLoCU
>they will never make an album like this ever again
what the hell is eno up to? bowie's not working with him, is he just living in a cave practising his meditation or what?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.