[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buddy Holly: legit or overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: buddy-holly-7.jpg (157 KB, 1105x1445) Image search: [Google]
buddy-holly-7.jpg
157 KB, 1105x1445
Buddy Holly: legit or overrated?
>>
Fuck him, Fuck his Weezer song, and Fuck his hometown of Lubbock three times over.
>>
>>60869163
But I like that song...

:/
>>
>>60869149
If we look at him in the context of the time he was the first ugly or nerdy looking white dude to break in pop music, which was really important in the grand scheme of popular music.
>>
legit
>>
>>60869149
I never noticed how much Elvis Costello looks like Rivers Cuomo
>>
>>60869149
Totes legit
>>
>>60869149
Better than Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis imo, but not as good as Big Mama Thornton, her original Hound Dog did what rock was capable of better than anything from the rest of the 50s
>>
>>60869149
both
>>
Importance in popular music: Massive.
His music: Bland even for its time.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 383x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 383x478
Emo dude who needed to get laid. Wrote good pop songs. Nerdy too. Always fucked with production. On this track, he placed cardboard over the snare drum to get a flat sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyTtFNGzFsE

Not as Emo as Roy Orbison however. He writes wrist cutting music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPqZs7Vl_xg
>>
>>60869709
Wasn't his wife pregnant when he died?
>>
Upside: Great songwriter with tremendous potential. Downside: Dies in plane crash Upside: Would have ended up working for Disney cranking out crap and saccharine shit for soundtracks anyway so we're prob all better off.

Real loss is Otis Redding tbqh senpai. That next album or two would have been amazing.
>>
Buddy Holly was excellent. He wrote a ton of great songs. It's hard to think of many artists who accomplished as much as he did in only 22 years.
>>
>>60869897
>Real loss is Otis Redding
This. Sittin on the Dock of the Bay is fucking unreal, I can't imagine an album of that caliber
>>
>>60869897
That's... pretty true.
>>
>>60870050
Every single track in Otis's catalog is lit. Dude was flawless. Do you know the song Cigarettes and Coffee?
>>
>>60869149
Legit as fuck.
>>
legit
>>
>>60869897
He wouldn't have done that, he would've gone country like his pal Waylon Jennings. Link Wray went country rock, so it's not like it's unheard of for musicians of that era.
>>
It's a good song.
>>
>>60869163
Eat shit and die
>>
>Everyday

Fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap...
>>
No buddy holly no john lennon
>>
>>60869149
hes hot
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.