[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/psy/ - Psychedelic General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNV8E7yUbtw
>>
this song is gr8 m8
>>
Does anyone else feel like limiting psychedelia to just bright colors, reverb laden guitars, fuzzed basses, and weird tape manipulations is a actually rather unpsychedelic way of thinking? If you think about it nearly all music is psychedelic because it all has the potential to change your perceptions.
>>
>>60868416
There's a definite disconnect between the psychedelic mindset/experience and psychedelic music, it's mostly just the association with that older style of rock aesthetics that makes the genre. I don't think that makes it any less psychedelic or enjoyable though. Trying to encapsulate the experience itself is sort of pointless since it's so subjective what will give a person that feeling, so instead we can just jam out to whatever music associates itself with that idea. Maybe in 50 years we'll see different genres considered psychedelic with a whole new aesthetic, it just comes and goes with what music is in fashion.
>>
>>60868416
i agree, I find all music is inherently psychedelic in the sense that it seems to resonate emotionally otherwise ineffable, yet mathematically organized...

"psychedelic" "psychedelia" "psychedelic era" are all separate things if you get down to it, its easy for some to confuse
>>
>>60868416
You're technically correct but psychedelic is also a useful word that describes the way that some music sounds, not literally but by association
>>
nothing says 'our fanbase is 16 year old trustfund white girls' like titling a song nangs
>>
>>60867837
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnoBIQWS5bs

Shabazz Palaces anyone?
>>
>>60868416
not all music is about replicating the psychedelic experience though
>>
>>60869456
lese majesty particularly so
>>
Why is Kevin Parker such a qt3.14?
I'd have his tbqh familia
>>
>>60867837
Slowdive sound really good on acid
>>
>>60870072
yes indeed
>>
A discussion without dude acid lmao
Finally a good thread
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgrQCZs-j98
>>
>>60868416
Yeah I agree. The most Psychedelic album I've heard is Loveless, and it's classified as shoegaze.
>>
Saw Tame Impala last month in Australia,
It was great.
>>
>>60868416
I've thought about this too and I agree. Progressive has the same issue, by trying to be progressive and doing odd things you are still putting yourself in a box.
>>
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is my favorite psych band right now. Saw them about 3 months ago in San Deigo, pretty cool show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzi90VLTszI
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.