[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: bands your parents showed you that are still god-tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: dan.jpg (45 KB, 645x350) Image search: [Google]
dan.jpg
45 KB, 645x350
ITT: bands your parents showed you that are still god-tier
>>
File: TALKING-HEADS550b1.jpg (51 KB, 550x310) Image search: [Google]
TALKING-HEADS550b1.jpg
51 KB, 550x310
>>60860569
Thanks mom
>>
File: The Royal Scam.jpg (106 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
The Royal Scam.jpg
106 KB, 600x600
>>60860569
That's cool. Damn right. My mom got me into Steely Dan. If any of my albums were missing I'd always find them by my Mom's stereo.
>>
>>60860784
royal scam is playing on my turntable right now, probably top 5 all time for me

saw them in Montreal a few years ago and their second set was just Aja in full, one of the best shows I've ever seen
>>
Faust
>>
>>60860784
That album is a 10/10
>>
>>60861202
AIN'T NEVAH GON DOIT
WITHOUT YA FEZ AWHN

AW NAH
>>
File: talking-heads-stop-making-sense.jpg (156 KB, 807x1211) Image search: [Google]
talking-heads-stop-making-sense.jpg
156 KB, 807x1211
My dad used to put this on in the car all the time
>>
File: The Manson family.jpg (53 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
The Manson family.jpg
53 KB, 675x380
>>
my dad got me into Willie Nelson, who now forms my go-to hangover/comedown playlist
>>
my dad and i are from Guatemala, so he listen to a lot of Hispanic music (not much for me), but he did introduced me to creedence clearwater revival, which i still i'm a major fan of them,and got me into much of the dadrock music i listen too today. he also introduced me to the beastie boys and creed (my dad is a christian, so he liked the christian shit in creed), beastie boys still love, but not much for creed. still remember going to this bike riding area, and me and him listing to licensed to ill in the car.
>>
>dad
He really got me into Black Sabbath and general dadrock.
>mom
Jimi Hendrix,Zappa, Elton John, and Bowie.
>despite all that my moms favorite band is Bon Jovi

majority of my music tastes came from three of my high school teachers and my friends or me finding them.
>>
>>60861555
>despite all that my moms favorite band is Bon Jovi
that's 90% of mom's favorite band.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.