[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Mainstream Destine of Vaporwave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: inevitable.png (8 KB, 714x458) Image search: [Google]
inevitable.png
8 KB, 714x458
Been observing a bunch of people who inevitable gonna get a description as an "plebs", sharing and talking about vaporwave memes and viral videos with vaporwave instrumentals all arround twitter/facebook and offline.

It's that good for the genre? its not even a secret club.

Big publications/media was touching on this genre this year of 2015.

MTV http://www.gq.com/story/mtv-miley-cyrus-vma-vaporwave-seapunk

Rolling Stone http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/10-new-artists-you-need-to-know-november-2015-20151125/2814-20151124

The mainstream, Billboard and the fusion with pop music is near us, the question is whos ready?
>>
we pop
>>
>vaporwave
>after 2008
lmao
>>
if it becomes mainstream, it will quickly die
>>
vapor wave started to get played out in early 2014.
But the mainstream plebes are barely discovering it.
I mean, i would have been mad if they stole it a few years ago, but the whole thing is really played out by now and they just look like plebes barely finding out what it is
>>
>>60860213
>its not even a secret club
this really isn't why people are opposed to vaporwave being mainstream, it just doesn't feel right for the genre. the charm is in all the dusty found sounds from different corners of the internet, not in squeaky-clean mass production music
>>
>>60860213
Dude, how long have you been living under a rock? I saw people on FB discussing this shit since late 2012; this genre has BEEN getting more and more mainstream, which is really inevitable, since the things normies really like are the slowed-down pop shit that does nothing else, and those artists are a dime a dozen. I see FB pages all about A E S T H E T I C, all created either by people who are either artists trying to sell their own product, or more often than not, people who are just fans of the genre who want to share vaporwave art with anime girls, static, various other minimalist elements tacked onto a picture somebody else made, etc.

It's gonna wind up growing bigger, but only for people who are just now getting out of the radio they listen to at work and the CDs they can get at Wal-Mart as they shop for clothes and groceries; this will be a gateway into deeper music for them and nothing more, and outside of vaporwave possibly ballooning to the point of obnoxiousness in the general public (namely fat guys wearing jackets with Windows logos spattered all over them as they talk about lean and whatnot), it probably won't affect us at all. That corpse has floated down into the ocean, and all the normies can do is give it one last hurrah before it really does go the way of hair metal, grunge, and nu metal: extinct.
>>
>>60861757
nice comment btw
>>
ya its getting mainstream. mainly because of hot memes like the black guy crying to macintosh plus.

i actually like vaporwave but fuck whenever i hear people talking about it it hurts me a bit. i kinda wish it wasnt going mainstream, but like i said its actually going more mainstream as a meme than actual music.
>>
>>60861955
Its just a matter of time till katy perry or some other pop whore releases a video and dong imitation vaporwave aesthetic in a shallow way and then it will fully be dead
>>
>>60861757
i was talking about average pop fangirls getting into it
>>
>>60862097
iglooghost will bring us a new better aesthetic desu
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.