[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instruments General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
ITT we talk about learning and playing instruments instead of just listening.

I'm looking into the accordion because I mostly want to play Beirut but I have no idea where to start, pls help
>>
You could start by not wanting to be a hipster wannabe faggot.
>>
File: 1.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
I've just picked up violin. Quite frustrating at the moment but I'm keeping at it. Also, I've just found whatever this is in the case I got. Does anybody know what it's for? The blue cloth was inside the yellow plastic container and the lid was securely placed onto it. Suspecting it to be some kind of cleaning device but not too sure.
>>
>>60860186
It's some kind of cleaning device.
>>
>>60860226
Alright. Do you know how I use it to clean my violin?
>>
Trying to learn the ukulele, any tips on how to switch chords easier?
>>
My mom has a violin and a flute from when she was younger? Been interested in trying to learn an instrument. Should I bother if I have no prior experience?
>>
>>60860186
Nothing to do with the rosin? Looks nothing like what I know rosin to look like, and I only ask (as a another new learner) because my rosin block comes in a case with a hold in one side too.
>>
>>60860351
Anon, it's never too late I think. At least I hope so. And at least you have her to teach you in any case

>>60860078
Noted.
>>
>>60860351
If you want to be the friend that plays music for the rest or you want to make some lyrics oriented music then pick the guitar.

If you are willing to take an instrument and actually play melodies, it will take years, but yes, its quite possible.
>>
what are some cool crappy/cheap instruments to buy? i like the idea of making good music with really low end equipment and 'toys'. i'm thinking stuff like melodeons and melodicas, toy accordions, otamatone, shit like that.
>>
>>60860307
you just gotta sit and practice the movement between two chords, you don't even have to play/strum them. if you mess it up, slow it down until you're at the speed where you can get it right every time. it's monotonous but it will work eventually.
>>
>>60860787
Thanks man, this g chord isn't friendly to my big fingers
>>
>>60860732
Decent music has been made for pocket trumpet and toy piano.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.