[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much of taste in music motivated by trying to be cool?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1431232792832.jpg (658 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1431232792832.jpg
658 KB, 3264x1836
How much of taste in music motivated by trying to be cool?
>>
0%

I only listen to music I like
>>
80% for normies
0% for me
>>
I couldn't give less of a fuck about appealing to random guys on the internet, so basically what >>60856684 said
>>
I don't have any friends so I have nobody to be cool for, so 0% I guess.
>>
>>60856657
I think he means, "how much IS taste in music motivated by trying to be cool?"
>>
0% b/c people in real life don't know a lot of the bands I listen to since they just don't give a shit and I don't take anyone's opinion here to heart
>>
>>60856657
80% for normies
80% for most of /mu/ aka failed normies
0% for anyone who actually enjoys music
>>
when I was in my teens, 40%

as an adult, 0%
>>
>>60856657
I think that a lot of people go to shows because the band is considered "cool" in the "scene".

Since the whole "aesthetics" thing caught on in underground/alt/meme communities, I feel like more and more listeners listen to the music because they want to feel like they're in on something. Still, it can't be denied that if a person just straight up enjoys the music, then their intentions are pure.

Like, for example, a lot of people talk about Death Grips and would go to the DG show if they came to town, but how much of the "fanbase" actually listens to the music?
>>
a lot of my taste is definitely part of my desire to be post-cool
>>
>>60856947
Remind me of something chef Marco Pierre White said about his hip and fancy restaurant back in the '80s. He was talking about how people would come & dine at his posh restaurant all of the time without actually appreciating the thought and work and attention that went into the food.

I think that kind of thing drives artists fucking mad.
>>
File: sheeple.png (46 KB, 376x401) Image search: [Google]
sheeple.png
46 KB, 376x401
>>60856684
>>60856699
>>60856843
>>60856851
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.