[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, I need help choosing new earphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1424234435487.gif (470 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
1424234435487.gif
470 KB, 262x200
I fell for the Beats Jew trap, these headphones have been falling apart like mad to the point where I needed to tape them, pic related.

I've only had them for a fucking year.

Can I have some /mu/ approved headphones? Got £500 to spend.
>>
shit wrong pic, just imagine a bunch of beaten up beats
>>
>>60851414
pls post image i want to see
>>
Apple earpods
>>
You don't have to spend that much on just headphones, you'll get a great pair ~200 USD. It might be a meme but the ATH M50/M50x is really good. I've had mine for almost a year too and they work perfectly.
>>
>>60851817
Meme or not there has to be better at that price point. You could get those on sale pretty easily.
>>
Sennheiser senpai

If you have that much to spend you should have good amp/headphone amp + Dac, turntable etc
>>
File: image.jpg (320 KB, 1350x728) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
320 KB, 1350x728
MDR-XB50AP Bass boosted ear buds are what you need m8
>>
These $20 Chinese headphones easily sound as good as the $150 equivalent from AT/Shure etc...

Is there something like that for full size headphones. Chinese companies seem to use the same components of expensive headphones at much lower prices.
>>
>>60851834
I'm sure there are better, but I personally can't justify spending that much money on just headphones.
As >>60851852 said, you should invest a good soundsystem too if you haven't already.
>>
DT770 Pro's, buy a decent AMP to go along with it.
>>
File: aiaiai setup.png (205 KB, 1440x685) Image search: [Google]
aiaiai setup.png
205 KB, 1440x685
Got these not too long ago, all their parts are replaceable and can be ordered alone. They have a crazy sound scape, super crisp and clear, bass is great. And they're pretty comfortable too, light weight so you end up getting that, "oh shit Im still wearing headphones" feel. 10/10 would recommend.

And if you want reference im an electronic producer/musician so I listen to a bit of everything, aphex, deadmau5, blank banshee, kendrick, mf doom, tyler, milo, and sound tracks and these work for all of them.

http://aiaiai.dk/
>>
>>60851898
I'm extremely casual in audio. I can't get into another hobby since I already spend most on clothes( current hobby)
>>
>>60851892
I'm in the market for new in-ears, should I get the Piston 2 or the Piston 3?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.