[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/niversity thread >What year are you there >Major >How's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: elon logo.png (7 KB, 180x128) Image search: [Google]
elon logo.png
7 KB, 180x128
/mu/niversity thread

>What year are you there
>Major
>How's the music scene

Senior
Communications
Lot of watered down folk/jam band acts, but the student radio station is dope
>>
>/mu/niversity
Seattle Central Community College
>what year
>music scene
fuckin god tier - grunge was huge and there were lots of bands of all types moving to Seattle and playing all the time - the only downside was that all ages shows were more or less illegal so if you were under 21 it was either garage / basement DIY shows or huge venues, it was really hard to see up and coming but known indie bands in Seattle
>>
NC State here.

Sophomore studying electrical engineering.

Surrounded by pop country & trap. Especially at tailgates. But somehow 88.1 is one of the best student radio stations in the nation.

You have a beautiful campus op :)
>>
Lehigh University

Sophomore

Econ and Finance

Pretty much non-existent, we have some cool AJJ-style bands but not much more than that
>>
Ole Miss, in Oxford, MS.

Computer Science and Political Science. I'm a big fish in a small pond. MS sucks as a state but Oxford is extremely fun

Music scene is God Tier. We have fat possum records here, and Merriwether Post Pavilion was recorded here. Actually AnCo played the entire album down the road from my house under a different name. Really fun music culture at an otherwise weird place. Oh, and we had NMH here last semester.
>>
>>60842636
word. yeah wknc is awesome, always listen to it whenever i'm up there for shows. do you take part in wknc?

and yeah the campus is nice but it would be best if THEY STOPPED FUCKING WORKING ON IT AND BUILDING SHIT FOR TWO FUCKING SECONDS
>>
MSU Freshman
Film Studies
Student radio station is basically p4k.
>>
Stanford
Computer Science
Surprisingly bad. A LOT of poptimists here
>>
>>60843410
yeah kno a girl from stanford with a masters in biochemical engineering and shes trying to pursue her dream of being a musician and all she does is covers of pop songs
>>
File: momFyyvf27.jpg (15 KB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
momFyyvf27.jpg
15 KB, 384x216
>>60842509
>Freshman

>Culinary Arts

>Music scene is fucking awesome. You have the stoners in Denver always wanting to listen to some sweet tunes, combined with the aspiring, practicing musicians.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447908304245.jpg (91 KB, 1396x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447908304245.jpg
91 KB, 1396x960
Sophomore @ U of Delaware
Studying Comp-Sci
Scene? There are a few emo/indie/solo/acoustic bands that play houses around campus and the student centers for open mic stuff. Off campus, it's just Delaware Deathcore, which is shit.
>tfw no noise/experimental metal scene

>pic related, our new prez and someone i dont know
>>
University of Washington
Biology
Freshman

>>60842619
damn I envy you
Seattle today's alright. Some good indie and garage rock stuff, a lot of backpacker hip hop.
>>
Northwestern University
Dropped out last year cause I couldn't both make tuition and afford rent, now I work at a pizza joint.

The music scene is mostly garbage pop-punk and indie crap. A few of the bands from the local public school are half decent, they put on shows at a local cult/church a few times every year.
>>
>>60843448
*biomedical
>>
University of Maryland
Freshman studying environmental science and technology
Music scene is on the come up, there is a venue being built in college park currently but I usually just go to dc for shows since the metro is so convenient. From what I've seen there's a decent amount of bands around campus but nothing really notable. Student radio is pretty good imo, I'm probably going to join next semester
>>
>>60843410

I-I'm across the bridge
>>
>>60842986
I'd like to go to more of their events. I might work for them next semester.
>>
>>60843903
Wait what's this about a CP venue?
Junior AeroE Terp.
>>
>>60844135
def. i think the announcement for their double barrel concert is coming up and im stoked to see who they get this yr
>>
Caltech
Junior
Physics
Small, just like many other things here. But every person is interesting enough that you can share something worthwhile with them.
>>
>>60844323
>Small, just like many other things here. But every person is interesting enough that you can share something worthwhile with them.
sounds like somethings that would be said at the end of an infomercial about the university as the three interracial kids smiling on the quad transitions into the slightly animated logo of the university
>>
>>60845482
idk bruh I'm going through an identity crisis right now and can't say things normally
>>
>freshman
>industrial engineering
>Binghamton University
>shit, but we might get Future next semester which is cool
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.