[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does no one talk about this album anymore? I know it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: transgender dysphoria blues.jpg (321 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
transgender dysphoria blues.jpg
321 KB, 1000x1000
Why does no one talk about this album anymore? I know it's inconsistent, but it has some great songs on it
>>
>>60841587
Because it's made by people with mental illness
>>
DUDE TRANSGENDERISM LMAO
>>
Are they trying to be edgy or gross?
>>
File: imgres.jpg (12 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
12 KB, 225x224
>>60841611
better count out most of the western canon in that case
>>
If I hate the idea of transgenderism but still respect trans people, am I still a problematic bigot?
>>
>>60841692
Just be reasonable. This may or may not go against "equality".
>>
it's ok, but it's just so exactly the kind of an album someone who's been out as trans for a year would make. their next one will be more interesting i hope
>>
>>60841718
There's a difference between treating people equally and people actually being equal.
>>
>>60841587
Because people think it makes them gay if they talk about it, because of transgender themes being implemented because the singer is actually trans (and more convincing than Jenner, if nothing else), not just to be edgy or progressive.

I like it, though; it's Against Me being Against Me, just with the singer writing about what s/he knows, which is always smart to do. Better than trying to make some kind of edgy progressive shit and then making a Green Day-tier failure because they know nothing about what they're talking about.
>>
It's not my favorite record of theirs, but it definitely was refreshing to hear them take on a new and interesting subject matter while still sounding like Against Me
>>
le tranny statement album
>>
The only reason anyone pretended to like to begin with was so they'd be able to show everyone what a great "ally" they were on tumblr

No one would care if she wasn't trans
>>
>>60843090
>No one would care if she wasn't trans
>Against Me being a well-established, critically acclaimed band since Reinventing Axl Rose, long before trans shit came into the picture
Oh, you're a tripfag. Sorry, this must be typical for you.
>>
because it's a meme to hate trannys.
>>
>>60843181
I didn't say the band wouldn't exist
>>
im a terf. i cant support this.
>>
>>60843196
Not him, but he meant people would still like the album.
>>
>>60843196
No, but you did imply that no one would care about the record if she wasn't trans. The band's had fans and followers since the beginning; a lot supported the change, a few didn't. I didn't give a fuck; I'm just glad they delivered a solid album writing about something the singer knew about.

It's just not something to write off as "something only Tumblr likes because trans", because it really isn't. Critics liked it, fans liked it, etc. I'm sure tranny Tumblr kids who dressed in tutus to be edgy liked it for precisely that reason, but they're not the only ones who enjoyed it.
>>
>>60843090
It's kind of hard to make statements like "no one would care if she wasn't trans" considering that almost the entire album is specifically about her being trans
>>
>>60843302
I mean musically
>>
>>60843302
You're a total fucking idiot, Jesus Christ.
>>
I don't think you guys realize how much trans hype that album got

It got posted about on literally every trans site I go on from the time she came out until it was released, and then it got picked up as "Punk Band with Trans Singer" by a million blogs
>>
>>60843563
I don't doubt it; I'm just saying that it wouldn't be right to attribute the thing's success to her coming out alone. The music's Against Me; it didn't change like the themes did. Those who liked them for their music would continue to do so (unless they were warded off by the whole "I may be seen as gay if I like this" thing), and her being trans would, if nothing else, bring in trans fans en masse. Critics and fans alike enjoy the album for its music, and the themes compliment it for some and don't affect the product at all for others. I think it compliments it, because it's personal, but that's just me.

Also
>you go to trans sites
So, what, are you trans too? Do you dislike the people who simply jumped on the trans bandwagon with this on Tumblr or what?
>>
>>60843834
>So, what, are you trans too
yes
>Do you dislike the people who simply jumped on the trans bandwagon with this on Tumblr or what?
yes
>>
>>60843867
>Lauren is a man
HAHAAAAAAAAAA
Shocker. lmfao tbqh
>>
>>60843867
>le ebin trip tranny meme
Avant Math did it first.
>>
>>60843867
Then I can honestly understand where you're coming from; I'm pretty indifferent about trans things in general, but I can totally get disliking posers who only like something like this to show how progressive and supportive of the struggle they are. They wouldn't give a rat's ass about Against Me otherwise, so I don't see the point in jumping on then; it only shows that someone's willing to put on a front to look good. If you support it, you do, if you don't, you don't; liking or not liking an album won't change anything.

>>60843885
This is 4chan; if you meet someone with a woman's name here, chances are, they're really a man.
>>
bad album not good music don't like it don't
>>
>>60841611
true
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.