[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i don't see how this trumps Endtroducing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 61jCuvQj0dL._SY300_.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
61jCuvQj0dL._SY300_.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
i don't see how this trumps Endtroducing.
>>
it doesnt

not even close. find me something one SILY that comes an inch to What Does Your Soul Look Like Part 1 - Blue Sky Revisit
>>
File: gif.gif (177 KB, 180x218) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
177 KB, 180x218
it doesn't
>>
>>60834107

On a strict enjoyment level i like SILY more, but maybe I haven't listened to Endtroducing enough. SILY's definitely more accessible.

What makes you like Endtroducing more? I know it was definitely more influential.
>>
>>60834143
digital style!
>>
>>60834107
for me Endtroducing is a 10, while Since I Left You is just a strong 9
>>
>>60834133
well find me something on Endtroducing that comes an inch to Close to You
>>
>>60834107
I really love the cover but I think the album is pretty underwhelming
>>
>>60834187
not OP, but it hits every single emotion and hits my sould more than any other album ive ever heard. its my favortie of all time for this reason
>>
>>60834187
it's a bit moodier, more atmospheric and i generally dig the samples and build ups more, SILY is definitely more of an album you can play at a party, whilst Endtroducing is something i connect on a more personal facet.

SILY is also a bit forgettable, and doesn't have as many good songs as Endtroducing has which i can play to death if i want to.
>>
MIDNIGHTUMIDNIGHTUMIDNIGHTUMIDNIGHTUMIDNIGHTUMIDNIGHTUMIDNIGHT
>>
File: 0612 - eSDtqts.jpg (10 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
0612 - eSDtqts.jpg
10 KB, 212x238
>>60834107
depends on taste

I feel like each emotion since I left you takes you through is masked by the feeling you get when you go through the facade of putting on a happy face to meet people at a party. Endtroducing is more obvious with its pathos, while simultaneously being more textured and visceral. Endtroducing's soundscape is more proficiently built as DJ shadow is a more capable producer than the avalanches. However, Since I left you can be incredibly harrowing if you listen to it after you've gone out to the bar with your friends, gotten drink, went to a house party to do some drugs, and then brought some random bitch you met there back home to fuck.

That's when Since I left you gets really sad. Right when the high's crashing and it's 3am and you miss her. And you miss the life you left behind when decided to move away from the only true friends you'll ever have for a little extra money from the job you got in the big city.
>>
>>60834792
You should be a writer one day. You're as pretentious as one
>>
>>60834292
i think the Number Song and/or NapalmBrain/Scatter Brain kill any banger SILY has.
>>
>>60834914
kek
>>
>>60834107
Less sloppily sown together. Samples are more lively and dynamic. It's better at creating an over all atmosphere. Rarely a dull moment. Too many portions on Endtroducing overstay their welcome.
>>
since i left you is basically whitey's first plunderponics
>>
>>60834107
I prefer SILY because it seems to be in a whole genre of its own, as far as atmosphere goes.

Endtroducing is largely just hip hop instrumentation without lyrics, albeit really fucking good instrumentation. The rhythm of Endtroducing is just objectively better than on SILY but I think SILY is better at creating intensity and memorable moments in general.

They're really not comparable anyways, unless you want to talk about influence or some other retarded exterior metric like that. They both have completely different aims.
>>
How about anons give recs for people that really enjoy both Endtroducing and Since I Left You.

pls
>>
>>60835227
j dilla - donuts
>>
>>60835227
>both

They are different albums, one is clearly hip hop and the other is heavily influenced by disco and 60s pop - House would be your best bet if you really want that sound combined
>>
File: cover.jpg (221 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
221 KB, 600x596
>>60835227
Also their EP "The Underwater Adventure Hop Secret Treasure".
>>
File: 1414164137194.jpg (29 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
1414164137194.jpg
29 KB, 500x432
Why does it need to? Can't you just enjoy both?
>>
>>60834107
Endtroducing is better produced I'd say, but it's instrumental hip-hop, its more or less meant to be rapped over. SILY gets called instrumental hip-hop, but honestly I wouldn't call it that, I can't really imagine anyone rapping over it. Endtroducing is just to repetitive and takes to the entire listen through to fully enjoy it. that's just my pleb opinion
>>
>>60834107
Endtroducing is really boring sometimes, the samples get really repetitive somestimes. It´s not a rich listen from start to finish.
>>
you can put this shit on at a a party and let it run from start to finish, can't with entroducing
>>
>>60834947
Number Song is too abrasive for my taste.
that being said I agree with >>60835094 in that comparing the two is apples and oranges.
although I do like SILY better.
>>
>>60834133

Since I Left You
With My Baby
Two Hearts in 3/4 Time
Close to You
A Different Feeling
Electricity
Tonight
Etoh
Summer Crane
Extra Kings
>>
>>60834107
I loved Endtroducing on my first listen. I grew a little more uninterested with everything on it with every listen though. Meanwhile, I had the opposite for SILY. It was weird for me on my first listen a few years ago, then I started liking it more with every listen. Listening to the original Zomba release with all the uncleared samples on it made it even better

I still enjoy and appreciate both of them quite a lot, but I enjoy SILY a little better
>>
>>60835901
Yeah, music's definitely supposed to be enjoyed in a format where you're not *really* listening to it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.